Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The very best President that Money Can Buy!

edited August 2015 in Off-Topic
Super PACs can raise unlimited amounts of cash. Here's the tally so far:

Candidate Total Donations $5m+ $3-5m

Jeb Bush $103,167,848 0 24
Ted Cruz $37,833,596 2 4
Scott Walker $20,022,406 0 5
Marco Rubio $16,057,755 0 7
Hillary Clinton $15,654,458 0 8
Rick Perry $12,815,326 0 2
Chris Christie $11,003,305 0 1
Mike Huckabee $3,604,987 0 1
Lindsay Graham $2,897,435 0 0
Martin O'Malley $289,443 0 0

As Listed:
• Republicans $207,402,658 2 44
• Democrats $15,943,901 0 8

Ratios:
• Dollars Republican to Democratic: 13 to 1
• $3-5m Republican to Democratic: 5.5 to 1
Thank you, Supreme Court!

Data from The Wall Street Journal, Weekend Edition, August 1/2, 2015

Comments

• Old_Joe said:

Thank you, Supreme Court!

Thank God they got the 2nd amendment vote right! When the revolution comes at least you and I will ...

• Hi @Old_Joe

Related to the $ graphic:

Always been on the reality side of everything with our daughter; but as these "things" continue to evolve, sure becomes more difficult to provide examples of ethics, fairness and such things.

Becomes and remains, a take the high ground; but always be aware that there will be those around, near you or far out of your view who have other methods and motives that seldom see the high ground of ethics.

There are days when I want to be back in the 1950's as a child playing in the forest and nearby creek; and to remain oblivious to the nasty world awaiting me.

Perhaps the next time around.

Oh, well.

Take care of you and yours,
    Catch
  • "There are days when I want to be back in the 1950's as a child playing in the forest and nearby creek"

@catch22: Hello to you too! Sounds a lot like Calvin... did you also have a pet tiger?
  • No tigers; just the mood of the moment.:) Am aware of Calvin, but have never read or followed the thinking.
    You have email...................
  • That's Calvin's tiger, Hobbes, as my avatar. As you can see from the thumbnail, he's frequently not too sure that what's going on actually makes any sense...
  • edited August 2015
    -
  • edited August 2015
    >>>>There are days when I want to be back in the 1950's as a child playing in the forest and nearby creek; and to remain oblivious to the nasty world awaiting me.<<<<

We can still do that you know.
  • edited August 2015
    That's just great! That Washington Post link advises that he said that "he will soon roll out a foreign policy plan". If his positions are to be consistent, I would imagine that plan will include a requirement that any government that we deal with will have to outlaw unions in their countries.

Asked about campaign finance reform: "There's a plan coming", he said.

Asked about ending the revolving door between politics and lobbying: "We'll certainly come out with a plan later this year," Walker said.

"Even those in the crowd who identified as proud Republicans often greeted the governor with a pointed question they wanted precisely answered. Again and again, Walker quoted passages from his standard stump speech — or told them to hold out for a policy plan."

Well, at least he has plans to have plans at some point.
  • edited August 2015
    "We can still do that you know. "

@Junkster: And indeed I try. Weekends at the Russian River place- reading, snoozing, watching the birds and squirrels, eating, drinking, music. No internet, no TV.
  • /scott-walker-just-got-punked-at-a-new-hampshire-pizza-shop/

That's why politicians have planned events with screened participants. It is also why politicians don't have a lot of press interviews - they don't want the gotcha question.

It is also why Trump is doing well ... people think he doesn't care about such things.
  • Old_Joe said:

"We can still do that you know. "

@Junkster: And indeed I try. Weekends at the Russian River place- reading, snoozing, watching the birds and squirrels, eating, drinking, music. No internet, no TV.

Glad to see your have your priorities in the right place. I must have seen over a 100 yellow and black swallowtail butterflies this afternoon, lots of deer and a couple foxes. Plus a few of my favorite birds, the woodpecker. Then again, also saw a copperhead slithering about.

• Thanks, TSP!
    Enormous dragonflies have been swarming the rocks along Lake Michigan; they look like mini-helicopters. The swallows come out just before dusk. Jupiter rising.
  • Imagine 'investing' that amount in someone like Cruz. Wow. So wack. (As wack as the complete misunderstanding of the Second Amendment.)

The swallows in our back fields are happy campers, but I wish we had more bats this summer. Lots of everything else, lots, including batch 3 of bluebirds.
  • Carly Fiorina and Bernie Sander are not on the radar.
  • edited August 2015

Baldwin talking about Trump and the broken political system. Agree with him.
  • TedTed
    edited August 2015
    @MFO Members: Why ????????????????????????????????????????????
    Regards,
    Ted