Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar screwed up again.

Impossible to open the Portf. Manager webpage, or anything else, claiming "you've been signed out." WTF?

Comments

• Have you tried logging back in? Worked for me.
  • edited August 2017
    Portf Manager appears. When I try to look at indiv. funds, "your request cannot be completed, because you are logged out." Junk. The menu-bar up top shows me the option of signing-OUT!!!!! So, I must already be signed-IN. Fecal. I tried navigating to the home-page. I tried actually clicking on the sign-out link at the top. It told me my request could not blah blah blah, because I am signed-out! It's an endless loop of failed commands. And, I suppose, I'm probably now REALLY signed-out, with no way to sign back in. Pretty sucky.
  • edited August 2017
    I had problems with Morningstar earlier today too. They seem to have gotten things fixed as Portfolio Manager, Instant Xray and the Market Valuation graph are now working on my machine.
  • I cancelled my M* Premium membership in 2005 --12 years ago !! because of all the M* website problems .---- 12 years later and it has only gotten worse !!!! UNBELIEVABLE
  • edited August 2017
    If anyone is totally frustrated with online trackers, here's a commercial app ("Active Portfolio") I've had good luck with. IOS version sells for a few bucks at Apple's App Store. For another $3 a month it can be made completely ad-free. There's advanced research capabilities for additional purchase. Can't speak to those because I don't need / haven't purchased them. But the ad-free feature is nice.

A plus is that your stored content can be accessed by finger print scanner instead of passcode - provided your device has that feature. You can also set up a free account and save backups to their cloud server if desired. http://www.mobileinteractive.com/platforms/