Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PIMCO CEF Update | It's 2008 Redux

Relax, breathe easy for now at least for today. By Alpha General Capital at Seeking Alpha

Summary

° The PIMCO UNII report showed some modest progress on coverage and UNII levels.

° Obviously, the traditional looks at this report are less important given what is happening in the markets and with these funds specifically.

° We expect distributions to be maintained in most of the taxable bond CEFs from PIMCO and that the muni funds are investable for the first time in years.

° Most funds earned their distribution in the month according to NII production with small shortfalls in the others. Nothing concerning.

The Report

Comments

• edited March 2020
    image I was reassured to read this report when it hit my inbox this morning as I had doubled my investment in PDI after the Fed acted on Monday based on my assumption it is still in good shape.