Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

I'm So Sorry I Haven't Communicated in the last couple of years

I'm so sorry I haven't communicated - or even checked the site - in the last couple of years. I've thought about all the great people here I've had specific conversations with that I think of as friends. I'll see if any of you are still around and hope you are all doing well personally and financially. In the meantime, I look forward to discussions with new people.

Long story, but my bout with cancer for 2 years made me lose interest in all investments then, along with most everything else, during misdiagnosis and treatments. Fortunately the market during those times was very generous to my portfolios (along with most people's). I had already branched out into many etfs and stocks, along with my main staple mutual funds.

I'm ok now (cancer free so far) and trying to update/rebalance my investments. I'm looking forward to checking the posts and learning more through this great site.

Cathy

Comments

• Congrats on your new health and welcome back.
  • A very huge congratulations to you. Every day is wonderful!
  • @CathyG: My morning has been made ! Welcome back.......Cathy G
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • Welcome back. It is so good to hear from you. I am so glad you are winning your health battles.
  • Thanks so much for the welcoming comments. What a drastically difference this market is compared to even a few years ago. Bonds and Value Funds in the tank for extended periods, I'm at +120% for AMZN, NOC, FB, RTN, and +60% several more in just a couple of years. On the other hand, we thought that solar would take over as great investments (along with long-term care), but both disastrous buys a few years ago. So it's great to participate in a network of like people again... if only to hopefully help soothe the fears of being in such a frightening position in this world.
  • @CathyG, Glad to learn that you are doing much better. And, welcome back to the best investor exchange group of the planet. Old_Skeet

• Cathy, very glad to here about your win over cancer. I wondered why you stopped posting. Welcome back.
  • So good to hear of your recovery! And so cool, too.
  • @CathyG: Welcome back, indeed! Glad to see you here.
  • Welcome back, your thoughtful observations and questions were missed. Congratulations on beating cancer. Two years is a long time. Keep up the good health.
  • Glad to hear you're better. Although I agree welcome back, it might also be time to get outside and smell the roses. Mutual funds can wait!
  • edited April 2018
    Hi there Cathy and welcome back. In the interim my wife also fought the cancer fight, and also so far so good, so I certainly empathize with your situation. Hope you stay around MFO for a long time. Ted and I are still exchanging occasional pleasantries, so nothing much has changed in that arena. Many of the old timers still check in from time to time, (rono, catch22, hank, Mark, bee, msf and many more) so stay tuned.
  • Glad to see you back -- with the worst in the past -- and best wishes for a long, happy, enjoyable future !!
  • Welcome back. Glad you have recovered.
  • Great to see you back and glad to hear you are doing well!
  • THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I got a little choked up hearing from several of the people who were so helpful to me in the past. I missed you - and am so sorry I didn't take the time to let you all know what was happening. I'm very upset with myself for not doing that. Hope some others missing will check in periodically. I'd love to find out how they are doing also. And it's nice to see new people (to me, anyway) who took the time to respond.
    Cathy
    P.S. to Old Joe. I am SO GLAD your wife also has good results from her cancer treatments. It must have been really hard on you, also.