Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

granular look at PIMIX (PONAX)

misleading hed, perhaps

http://www.morningstar.com/articles/867833/is-pimco-income-getting-too-big.html

(I probably have missed prior post of this article)

Comments

• This is a MUST READ for those who own or want to own PIMIX.
  • edited June 2018
    Thanks for posting the Morningstar report of PIMIX. I've been thinking of adding its A share offering PONAX to my income sleeve. In addition, two other stock like PIMCO funds I've been looking at are PSPAX which seeks to out perform the S&P 500 Index and PCKAX which seeks to out perform the Russell 2000 Index through the use of some fixed income strategies and derivatives. Currently, I own PCLAX which is a commodity strategy fund. I'm thinking that these additions would make for a good package of Pimco products. Anybody have any other Pimco funds they are fond of I might consider?
  • For years I have fearfully held PDI, PTY, and PCI, all of which are regularly debunked for high premia --- fwiw. (I guess PCI less than the others.) PDI and to a lesser extent PTY have had spectacular results.
  • @Old_Skeet Many years ago, I thought PIMCO was an overall good fund house and I would "shop" there for new and exciting products, much like I would at the grocery store.

I got burned by many PIMCO funds including PCLDX, managed futures and Rob Arnott funds. In all fairness, PONAX was a good find which I still hold, but I no longer go "shopping" at PIMCO. PIMCO was mostly the fund house that convinced me to go with a modified 4 fund portfolio.
  • Hi @Bitzer
    Never invested with any Research Affiliates/Rob Arnott advised funds, as I still can't agree with his assessment of the investing world and thus investment choices being made by him/them.
  • edited June 2018
    Don't talk about it much, but PIMCO StocksPLUS Long Duration PSLDX has become my biggest holding. It's available for reduced minimums at Vanguard, TD Ameritrade, possibly others. Discussed a bit here: https://mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/28729/psldx-dsenx