Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Portfolio Robustness Test

Hi Guys,

I have said this before and I will surely say it again and likely again over time. Monte Carlo simulations are a terrific tool to challenge the survival robustness of a portfolio. What portfolio? Any you own or are likely to own.

There are now many free Monte Carlo simulators available on the Net. I especially like the one offered by Portfolio Visualizer. It provides many options, is comprehensive, is easy to use, and is fast. I have referenced it on earlier posts. Here is a Link to that useful financial tool:

https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/monte-carlo-simulation#analysisResults

If you want to explore the probability odds of a portfolio's survival, please give this tool an examination. I think you will be impressed with it. Give it a few test runs. You can use it to improve the survival odds of your portfolio. Enjoy and prosper.

Best Regards

Comments

• While I've not played w/the Monte Carlo simulations, that site is very helpful -- been a fan of it for years ... it's a great resource!!
  • Hi Rforno,

Thanks for your endorsement of the Portfolio Visualizer website. I completely agree.

It is a great resource for investors that offers a broad range of useful tools and market data. I especially like the correlation tool that allows an investor to test if two or more investments really diversify a portfolio or are simply more of the same type of investment.

Happy returns are more likely with the Portfolio Vsualzer's array of tools.

Best Wishes