Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

From this house, our most positive thoughts are with and for Chip.

edited August 2018 in Off-Topic
@David_Snowball

David,
Thank you for sharing Chip's circumstance with us with your email.
You, maintain as well..........you promise us, yes???
A large "HELLO" to Chip from us, please.

Sincerely,
Catch and family

Comments

• sea
    edited August 2018
    Just saw the email. Best wishes for Chip. Health First! Recover well and soon! Appreciate all the work at MFO.
  • edited August 2018
    God speed to a speedy recovery!
  • Hoping for the best with the operation and recovery. Get Well!!
  • Hoping for a successful outcome and recovery Chip. And David put your thoughts and attention where it belongs. MFO is a distant second to it's people.
  • Good luck and get yourself well Chip!!!
  • @David: I would like to echo the comments made by other MFO Members. Just in case your not on the E-Mail list, here is David's message.
    Regards,
    Ted
    https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/7241?.intl=us&.lang=en-US
  • Best wishes for Chip and we are all pulling for her. Prayers for a quick recovery
  • edited August 2018
    So sorry to learn of Chip's medical issues. Please know she will be in the thoughts and prayers of many of us believers within the MFO family. Wishing her a most speedy recovery.
  • Wishing all the best for Chip, and for David; here's to a good outcome.
  • I join others in sending positive thoughts for Chip's speedy return to health and relief of anxiety for all.
  • Didn't see the note but wishing all the best as well.
  • @rforno et al

I've placed David's email below for those who did not have a notification.

Dear friends,

The Observer's September issue is on indefinite hold. Over the last 24 hours or so, we discovered that a persistent medical problem that had been afflicting Chip, MFO's co-founder and technical director, for the past month or so was repeatedly misdiagnosed as a chronic sinus infection. A CAT scan shows that she was right in her own diagnosis: she's been losing cerebro-spinal fluid for some time, now at an accelerated rate. The local ENT saw her yesterday and immediately reached out to the ENT group at the University of Iowa Hospitals. They, and a neurosurgeon, met with us today. Chip is scheduled for a five hour operation to repair a rupture between her sinuses and brain tomorrow.

These are exceedingly skilled surgeons in the region's best facility. Nonetheless, we anticipate a stay in the ICU then a longer stay in hospital, followed by a week away from work and six weeks of restricted activity. It is possible that she'll be home within a week, for her week of bed rest.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding, and we'll notify you as soon as we can share this month's content.

As ever,

David

• Holy hell. Again, best wishes for a speedy and safe treatment and recovery.

@catch22, thanks for posting that.
  • edited August 2018
    Ouch! Sorry to hear of this. Wishing Chip a full and speedy recovery. Sounds like she's in some excellent hands at this time.
    -

@Catch22 - Thanks for providing the updated info.
  • Hope the surgery and recovery go as well as possible. Best wishes.

@Catch22 - thanks for your post.
  • Sending good thoughts David and Chip’s way with best wishes for a speedy and smooth recovery.
  • Thank you, dear friends. I'll share word as soon as I can. Heading in now.
  • Sending prayers and positive thoughts. I know we are all pulling for Chip and David.
    @Catch22- thank you thank you. I had no idea.
  • Thank you @Catch22 for sharing the note. Hope for successful procedure and a speedy recovery for Chip.
  • Thanks @Catch22 . Good wishes to Chip for a speedy and complete recovery.
  • Very sorry to hear about this and best wishes to Chip for quick recovery.
  • @Catch22, thank you for sharing the info on Chip. Our prayers are with her for a quick recovery.
  • Very best wishes for a favorable outcome and recovery for Chip.