Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ed Yardeni latest piece

So while I am no expert, Yardeni has been making the right calls for a while now. Here is his latest piece which I (novice individual investor) was very impressed with. I have chosen fund discussions but that might not be correct.

http://blog.yardeni.com/2019/01/on-demographic-path-to-human-self.html

Comments

• edited January 2019
    “The scenario I just sketched isn’t a forecast. It is a description of exactly what has been happening in Japan. The forecast is that most of the rest of the world will follow suit. Japan is the poster child for the rest of us who aren’t having enough babies to replace ourselves.”

(BTW- That’s not a new thought. It’s been around for many years.)

So why is this country intent on deploying armed forces to the southern border to turn away hungry, willing to work (and consume), families with babies? This isn’t an argument for open borders. But with severe labor shortages across much of the nation, it seems not in our own self interest to discourage new arrivals. MAGA

As a prospective employer, would you be willing to offer a job to someone who had just walked 2,000 miles in search of work?
  • ET91 said:

So while I am no expert, Yardeni has been making the right calls for a while now. Here is his latest piece which I (novice individual investor) was very impressed with. I have chosen fund discussions but that might not be correct.

http://blog.yardeni.com/2019/01/on-demographic-path-to-human-self.html

"I see these demographic trends as reducing the likelihood of an economic boom, which reduces the likelihood of a bust. The business-cycle expansion should continue, and inflation should remain subdued." There it is, in a nutshell, domestically.
  • Thanks for highlighting summary of the article Crash. I should have done that.

Hank you bring up some good points.