Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WSJ Quarterly Mutual Fund Listing

WSJ has had an online Mutual Fund Listing of all MF's by family, with their returns, at the end of every quarter - until now. Even if the new report was not out, the website would display the previous quarter. Now I get a completely different page when I enter the old url: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3053-quarterly_A-quarterly.html. Anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Would the newsstand possible have it ?
    Derf
  • It used to be printed, then about 5 years ago they announced that it no longer would be, but that it could be accessed online (until now).
  • After December 31, there was a message that it would be no longer available. There would be a modified version available to online subscribers, but not to the general masses.
  • Thanks for your update. Any idea where that same general info (quartiles, etc) can be viewed, preferable all in one place?
  • I have a toolbar tab for the WSJ Category Kings; the data have not been updated since February 5, so they may no longer be available.
  • "There would be a modified version available to online subscribers"

Maybe so, but this WSJ subscriber can't find any version, "modified" or not. They seem to have "modified" it right out of existence.
  • Same here. I just remembered, that as a TR Price investor, I'm entitled to "Enhanced Personal Services", one of which is a complimentary subscription to access the WSJ Online version (a $468/year value!!!). Yet I can't find a Quarterly Mutual Fund Report either. It's a shame because it was very informative.
  • I am not able to find what I saw earlier. That explains why no one can find it anymore.
  • @TheShadow- Thank you, sir. You are a considerable asset to MFO.

Regards- OJ
  • TedTed
    edited April 2019
  • Not remotely similar to what @bilvihur was looking for.
  • Not remotely similar to what @bilvihur was looking for.
    No it's not. Sad because the review was very useful for picking keepers and sellers.
  • I've been searching for the last month for any site that might have mutual fund return comparisons even remotely comparable to the WSJ Quarterly Report - without success. For a while I thought Barron's might take it over, but I guess not. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • edited May 2019
    Could someone tell me which issue of WSJ the quarterly report appeared ?
    Derf
  • http://www.barrons.com/mdc/public/page/2_3053-quarterly_A-quarterly.html

1/4/19 was the last online WSJ Quarterly Mutual Fund Report. It now has the Barron's heading, but hasn't been updated since then.