Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

“The rich are different ...” - Stainless steel bunny fetches $91 mil

edited May 2019 in Off-Topic
Jeff Koons 'Rabbit' Fetches $91 Million, Auction Record For Work By Living Artist

“A 3-foot-tall silver bunny just set an art world record. Rabbit, by the playful and controversial artist Jeff Koons, sold for more than $91 million at Christie's Auction House – the most ever for work by a living artist at auction. Robert Mnuchin, an art dealer and the father of the Treasury Secretary, had the winning bid on behalf of a client. The stainless steel sculpture is a faceless space bunny, a balloon that's not a balloon ...” https://www.npr.org/2019/05/16/723888420/jeff-koons-rabbit-fetches-91-million-auction-record-for-work-by-living-artist.

Note: While silver colored, the bunny is reported to be made of stainless steel.

Comments

• Looks like rono has taken his art collecting to a whole new level.
  • edited May 2019
    @Mark - @rono is smarter than that. While silver colored, the bunny is made of stainless steel.
    Rono would know the difference.

What does it say about those 10-year Treasuries yielding around 2.3% when the father of our current Treasury Secretary is willing to offer $91 million for a 3-foot silver bunny? Albeit, Mr. Mnuchin bought the rabbit for a “client”. But if my Pop was out spending $91 million of somebody else’s money on a rabbit, I’d have to think he’d at least consult with me.