Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Quote of the day

"It can be very expensive to try to convince the markets you are right."

Ed Seykota, system trading pioneer

Comments

• His 'Whiplash Song' is legendary and spot-on for investors/traders of all ages and experiences ... just as he is. (Find it on YouTube)
  • @MFO Members: Here's Ed !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • pretty good --- if only things worked like this, god
  • edited June 2019
    Old_Skeet is a card carrying member of Ed's Trading Tribe (TT).

There is a lot of investor and trader wisdom conveyed through the song. Ed's influence was one of the driving forces that lead me to develop Old_Skeet's market barometer; and, although he had no direct input in its development the wisdom conveyed from his writtings and the song did. In addition, some of the market inputs that my late father followed are also incorporated and used in my market barometer.

Ed's Trading Tribe ... The Essentials ... are as follows: Ride Your Winners ... Cut Your Losses ... Manage Your Risk ... Use Stops ... Stick to the System ... and, File the News.

Want more information on the tribe? Then Google, "Trading Tribe."

Thank you Ed.

Old_Skeet