Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Is there still an easy way to pull up a fund’s prospectus & reports at T. Rowe Price?

edited July 2019 in Off-Topic
I’ve used these guys for 25 years. It used to be easy to go to their site and look at any (random) fund. At the top of page would also appear a box where you could enter the symbol for a different T.Rowe Price fund and pull that one up. From there you could dig up its documents. And in the “old days” you were confronted with maybe 50-60 funds rather than their current extensive list of 150+ that resembles a dozen pages out of a phone book.

They’ve recently revamped their site. Now when I go to “fund documents” their Blue Chip fund pops up (because it’s near the top of alphabet) but there’s no box in which to search for a desired fund. Without being able to pull up a fund by symbol the only alternative seems to be to read through their entire list of approximately 150 funds looking for the one you want. Miss it the first time? Than you need to go back over the entire list ... again and again.Were they listed alphabetically (or even together under the same first letter) that would work. But they don’t appear to be. Pretty much randomly placed on the list of funds.

While you sometimes find a list under fund type groupings, it’s not easy to know which group they have placed a fund in. Example: PRWCX could reasonably be placed under domestic equity or balanced. RPSIX might go under either taxable income or asset allocation.

I’ve heard big retailers frequently move the merchandise around inside a store thinking that while shoppers are frantically searching to locate an item they normally buy, they’ll be introduced to new products they hadn’t considered before and buy them. You don’t suppose T. Rowe is operating under the same principal?

Comments

• TedTed
    edited July 2019
    @Hank: Just remember who bailed you out ! When the going gets tough, the tough get going !
    Regards,
    Ted
    https://www.troweprice.com/personal-investing/mutual-funds/prospectuses-reports.html#us-funds
  • edited July 2019
    Thanks @Ted. I always said you had a lot of potential.:)

The trick here: After you enter a fund’s symbol at the site Ted linked, a pop-up appears underneath the symbol you entered showing the full fund name. I simply hadn’t noticed that before. If you click the “go” tab without first clicking on that pop-up, their system ignores your symbol and reverts back to the Blue Chip fund again.