Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fund Distributions no longer at Morningster?

Hi,
I own PPSIX and I think there was a distribution yesterday. Where can I get the distribution data? I used to see it at Morningstar, but it seems to have vanished from the Quote Page.
Thank You.

Comments

• Yes, distributions no longer seem to be available at Morningstar. That's been mentioned in the thread over at Morningstar.

You can still get distribution data from Yahoo. Like other third party sites (including Morningstar), Yahoo seems to lag by a day, so the distribution data should show up on Monday.
    PPSIX distribution data at Yahoo.

Since M* shows that PPSIX went up 0.10% in total value yesterday, and Yahoo shows that the price dropped about 0.3% (from 10.22 to 10.19), it's fair to conclude that there was a distribution yesterday of around 4c (0.4% of 10.22). Yahoo should report the exact amount on Monday.
  • edited July 2019
    @RandiVooDoo
    Try your ticker with the below page.

Try this "old" fund category return link.
    >>>Enter your ticker as usual at the quote box.

--- your fund page should open
    --- you should still see a performance TAB
    --- click the performance TAB
    --- when this page opens, and just above the performance data field you should see a TAB for distributions.....click this

Related to what @msf noted, a July 26 distribution is indicated.

NOTE: Between two of the page travels I am taken to a NEW M* screen that also shows a DISMISS box on the screen; I clicked this box, as I'm not interested in their offer; and was moved to the page I wanted without a problem.
    Let me know if this works for you, too.
    I'm using a laptop with Windows and Chrome browser.
    Regards,
    Catch
  • TedTed
    edited July 2019
    @MFO Members: Speaking of missing !
    Regards,
    Ted
    No Longer At Barron's:
    1. Daily Preferred Stock Tables Page
    2. Lipper Mutual Fund Yardsticks Page
    3. Lipper Mutual Fund Indexes Page
  • Hi @Ted

I tried a link I've used for a long time to look at the Lipper indexes at WSJ/Barron's and now find an unrelated page, too.

I copied this from the very bottom of the page:

We are in the process of updating our Market Data experience and we want to hear from you.

I won't do a YouTube link from the way back days; but is there an "Invasion of the electronic data Body Snatchers" taking place?

Regards,
    Catch
  • Fund Distributions are still listed at Morningstar
    Bring up the fund, press Performance.
    Under the Returns/Distribution, press Distribution
    And the July 26 PPSIX distribution is listed.
  • Thank you @msf, @catch22, and @BECKMANB for your help. I am happy that Morningstar continues to cover the distributions. In addition to menus and tabs, I can click on those neat oval pill shaped items at Morningstar. wow
  • Yes, I had to go looking for distributions. There's a tab to click: "distributions," on the PERFORMANCE page.
  • And just think, all these improvements were done to generate a better user experience. What a country. As msf and rforno have noted M* no longer seems concerned with the retail user/customer/client.
  • Truth.

• If you want such information, just call M* sales team for an upsell pitch!!!
  • edited July 2019
    oops
  • Fidelity's data, like Yahoo's, is delayed (it only shows June's div). Expect it to show the July div on Monday.

Merrill Edge, am I surprised?

Good idea to check brokerages. Schwab is up to date. It reports 3.99 cents.

Thanks to @catch22 and @BECKMANB for pointing out where M* hid the distributions (a separate TAB). M* also reports 3.99 cents on July 26.
  • Merrill, which you may still be able to see, lists PPSIX ex-div date of 7/26, but gives the most recent dividend as 1-1/3 cents:

https://olui2.fs.ml.com/RIMutualFundsUI/RIMFOverview.aspx?Symbol=PPSIX&ref=RUN_TFPSummary_PortfolioSummarySimpleView&src=ql

I quickly deleted my post you are responding to as I had misread the Fido dates.
  • edited July 2019
    BECKMANB said:

Fund Distributions are still listed at Morningstar
    Bring up the fund, press Performance.
    Under the Returns/Distribution, press Distribution
    And the July 26 PPSIX distribution is listed.

Distributions are one (maybe the only?) area where M* provides more info now than previously. They're showing the past 10 on the new pages, versus what was it, a half dozen or fewer in the old scheme.
  • @catch22posted a gem:

"We are in the process of updating our Market Data experience and we want to hear from you." Quite frankly, you don't want to hear from me and I object to the notion that there is such a phenomenon as a "Market Data experience." Where do they find the people to write such hooey?

As for M*'s new MF page, I can't find much useful information under the "People" tab. In the old days, the Management tab revealed much more info, especially the other funds a manger or team has run or currently run. Those data, along with (the previously discussed) omission of different share classes, would allow the user to track down a manager or strategy. For instance, it used to be possible to look at TRLGX's Management tab and discover that the same fund is available for retail investors at Homestead (HNASX). The new M* tells us only how long Mr. Tamaddon has run the institutional shares and I don't see any further information.