Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Art Cashin: "President Shocked By Friday's Sell-Off"

Comments

• Overheard on Air Force One heading to the G7+1: "Well, it's not MY fault..."
  • @Mfo Members Are you aware that President Trump went to Monty Hall University !
    Regards,
    Ted:)
  • Not sure that's correct... I believe that it was Monty Python university.
    :)
  • Hes shocked that the Chinese arent kowtowing to him like the Repugs do on a daily basis. They are playing the long game.

• Xi doesn't have to worry about re-election, either.
    MikeW said:

Hes shocked that the Chinese arent kowtowing to him like the Repugs do on a daily basis. They are playing the long game.

• What can you expect from a person who writes "The Art of the Deal" book with 4 Chapter 11's.
  • edited August 2019
    Monte Carlo University,maybe, not Python

Still savoring this recent member summary!

Thank God for Trump! Was dealt the worst hand possible by the Manchurian candidate Obama,and has been fought every step of the way by the corrupt deep state political mob and Lame-stream media, who do everything in their power to twist & corrupt the minds of all Americans into believing Trump is a polarizing, racist, neo-Nazi, when in fact it's the braindead lemming liberals that are the fascists, witness ANTIFA.
  • Yes, I was just constructing a suitable reply to that when the thread was shut down. Probably just as well.
  • edited August 2019
    Friday's sell off is telling Trump, Trump needs trade deal more than China. Idea for Tweet ETF - Sell when 'trade is going well' - today & buy when China is misbehaving - Friday.
    One thing also to remember - where will US companies find GROWTH if they abandon Billion people/consumers in China.