Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

uncle in a home

Good stuff:
'... describes senior officials waking up in the morning “in a full-blown panic” over the wild pronouncements the president had made on Twitter. “It’s like showing up at the nursing home at daybreak to find your elderly uncle running pantsless across the courtyard and cursing loudly about the cafeteria food, as worried attendants tried to catch him,” the author writes. “You’re stunned, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time. Only your uncle probably wouldn’t do it every single day, his words aren’t broadcast to the public, and he doesn’t have to lead the US government once he puts his pants on."'

There's worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/book-by-anonymous-describes-trump-as-cruel-inept-and-a-danger-to-the-nation/2019/11/07/b6b6c6f2-0150-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

Comments

• Saw that, too. Regardless of Party, I will never cease to marvel at how so many could not see through the Orange Unit, for the childish, ignorant, flamboyant disaster that he is.
  • @Crash I think many people see through him and just don't care so long as the tax breaks keep coming, zygotes are protected and non-Caucasians are kept out of the country.
  • Howdy,

Yeah, it's getting crazier and crazier every day. Someone else made the statement that for the very first time they really wanted to hear what John Bolton had to say. ;-)

Even the Mooch was on this morning saying that Donnie is bat shit crazy.

Personally, I sincerely believe that Putin has him so compromised, he's effectively a Russian Operative and in a constant state of committing High Treason. Putin's got him for illegal loans and the watersports video. I want him charged, convicted and punished to the full extent of the law.

BTW, if you want to drive a Trumpite crazy, tell them you just heard Trump murdered Pence and them committed suicide and Nancy Pelosi is now President.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

• According to his idiot son (doesn't matter, pick any of them) they've sacrificed so much.
  • I can understand high school graduates and people in the lower end of the middle class who are hanging on by their fingernails without union jobs believed in 2016 Trump was going to be different. My office manger went to every Trump rally in our state and she didnt care about his sexual abuse. Nor was she disturbed by the "Fake news" because she believed the DC establishment was just a game stacked against her kind. The principles of the Constitution and professionalism were so distant from her and her husband's day to day struggles. It was easy to blame migrants for their loss of jobs etc.

She still feels the same way even though she has had no significant progress form Trump. What I cannot fathom is the Republican Party, especially the foreign policy establishment like Bolton, turning a blind eye to his destruction of the State department ranks, bending the foreign policy of the USA to the benefit of one individual. Nor can I understand why professional federal law enforcement agents in the FBI and CIA accept this abuse.

If the Republicans think it is OK to destroy grand institutions for pure political benefits, they will have no prayer of hope when a Democratic president does the same thing.

Why don't we hear Buffet and Gates and even Zuckerberg stand up and say something? Surely they can't be more worried about their stock price than the future of the country
  • some do, and have, but it means little or nothing

resentful luuuuv is the problem

http://apps.bostonglobe.com/nation/politics/2019/11/voters-2020-election/pennsylvania/erie/
  • edited November 2019
    @davidrmoran I am intimately familiar with the Shell Cracker/Plastics plant in Western, PA. The sad part is while the construction of the facility has created about 6,000 jobs, once it is built, it will only offer 600 long-term positions: https://post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2016/06/07/Shell-says-Marcellus-cracker-is-a-go-ethane-beaver-county-pennsylvania-pittsburgh/stories/201606070131 For this the state gave Shell a $1.65 billion tax credit that will last for 25 years. Meanwhile, the plant will be a massive source of pollution in a region that in the old steel heydays was called "hell with the lid off" because of the terrible smog. The state will permit the facility to emit 2.2 million tons of carbon dioxide per year. That is equivalent to 488,000 cars. The construction of the facility had absolutely nothing to do with the current presidential administration, no matter what El Jefe says. It was years in the making.
  • nicely and fully put, tnx
  • @davidmoran has linked some nice WP articles, for which I'm grateful. Now my freebies have run out and I will have to pay to read any more.
  • as we all should

easy to continue to bilk them through private sessions and changing browsers
  • @Ben WP - you probably know this but if you have a library nearby you can probably read many of the things posted here that are behind paywalls. However, I get the digital WP for <$100/yr. A good value I think even though my local paper often contains certain WP articles.