Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

CNBC cancels Nightly Business Report on PBS

CNBC ends ‘Nightly Business Report’ after 40-year run
https://current.org/2019/11/cnbc-ends-nightly-business-report-after-40-year-run/

Last show 12/27. CNBC was 'ok' but it really felt like a rehash of the day's cable content. I miss the old anchor team and thank them for providing sane business news and the "best of good buys."

On a side note I was a guest on NBR in DC the afternoon CNBC bought the show and closed the DC bureau. It was rather surreal, somber, and depressing. ;/

Comments

• Boy I sure will miss the program. Sorry to learn that it will soon be no more.
  • edited November 2019
    Sad. Guess I’m out of touch though. Haven’t watched it in years. Got Bloomberg on at whatever time I get up. If I need an additional financial “fix” to make it through the day, both CNBC-West and Bloomberg run global business all night long as various markets open along with the revolving earth.:)(Awkward sounding I know.)
  • Nah, hank, I'm the same way. I'll tune into Bloomie if I need an evening news fix or to track any Asian open drama. I haven't actually watched NBR since MPT changed the time/channel on me and made it less convenient to segueway after PBS Newshour. C'est life, though!
    hank said:

Sad. Guess I’m out of touch though. Haven’t watched it in years. Got Bloomberg on at whatever time I get up. If I need an additional financial “fix” to make it through the day, both CNBC-West and Bloomberg run global business all night long as various markets open along with the revolving earth.:)(Awkward sounding I know.)

• I remember watching Paul Kangas for years. Sad to see it go.
  • @MFO Members: “I'm Paul Kangas, wishing all of you the best of good buys.”
    Regards,
    Ted

R.I.P. Paul Kangas:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/business/paul-kangas-dead.html