Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jeffrey Gundlach: The US stock market ‘will get crushed’ in the next recession

edited December 2019 in Fund Discussions
Jeffrey Gundlach: The US stock market ‘will get crushed’ in the next recession

Julia La Roche

Yahoo FinanceDecember 2, 2019, 6:14 PM CST
Influential bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach, the CEO of $150 billion DoubleLine Capital, sees a scenario where U.S. stocks get crushed in the next recession — and likely won't recover for quite some time to come.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gundlach-the-us-will-get-crushed-in-the-next-recession-001139205.html

What else is new?...last time lost 55% dows to 5.5k
This time dows 10k to 15k bottom in 12 or 24 or to 36 months?

Comments

• Japan's market has not recovered now for maybe 30 years?
    But yes, nothing else is new. Maybe one thing. We still don't know who the last person will be who will say that and promptly market will correct, and then we will all remember him as THE guy.
  • edited December 2019
    it sure does bother me that I have so much money (2/3 of total nut maybe) with this guy's DSEEX fund when he goes off like this on occasion

not that his opining has to do with its automatic operation
  • edited December 2019

it sure does bother me that I have so much money (2/3 of total nut maybe) with this guy's DSEEX fund when he goes off like this on occasion

not that his opining has to do with its automatic operation

@Davidrmoran - That’s too funny. G sounds like the “Elon Musk” of mutual funds.:)

(“Have foot. Will shoot.” )

• Gundlach predicts this every other year. Eventually he gets to be right. DSEEX...that thing is a black box.
  • Why should anybody care what Gundlach predicts for the stock market? It’s self serving since he’s a bond fund manager, and his previous predictions have been wrong.