Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Boost Your Retirement Income With Tricks The Pros Use

Boost Your Retirement Income With Tricks The Pros Use

https://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/retirement/retirement-income-strategy-pros-use/

Finding retirement income is still a challenge. Interest rates remain low. But you can borrow a key trick financial advisors use to solve this puzzle.

For every $100,000 you invest in this group of funds, you could have created. Bond Fund (PEBIX) for a 4.5% yield plus gains from the bond prices."

Comments

• edited January 2020
    My own portf. gives me good growth AND income. We'd all like to see higher income. I have bonds in my PRWCX (and soon, VLAAX) but my 3 dedicated bond funds yield an average of 3.726% among them. PTIAX, RPSIX, PRSNX. RPSIX also serves up a small capital gain at the end of the year. I suppose that's included in the yield statistic. Eventually, I might add PTIMX. (Munis.) And I don't worry that my risk is too great.
  • edited January 2020
    @Crash,

A fund that I own that is good at manufacturing income is AZNAX. Morningstar list it's TTM yield at 1.87%; but, the fact is that it pays 7 cents per share per month for a distribution yield (including capital gains) of 7.34% based upon current nav and has its SEC yield listed at 3.08%. This might be something to look at for income seekers. I hold this fund in my hybrid income sleeve and I have owned it for a good number of years. Years back, I remember, Scott touted this fund when he was posting; but, I can't find a link to his post about it.

To view fund distributions ... From M*'s quote sheet click on the performance tab when the performance sheet loads then click on the distribution tab where the fund distributions made can be viewed.

My best to you.

Skeet
  • edited January 2020
    Hey, @Old_Skeet. Damn good distributions. I can't do that front-load, though. Thanks for the suggestion. If I could get in without the load, I'd do it! The monthly pay-outs in PTIAX are comparable. But the share price is more than double of AZNAX. That is juicy, for sure.
  • @Crash
    If you had that Fidelity account, this would be your option for AZNAX.
  • Crash - do note that most of that monthly distribution consists of short term capital gains plus a smidgeon of interest income.
  • Thanks, @Mark. But I won't be buying-in, anyhow.