Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Stocks can go higher

edited January 2020 in Fund Discussions
https://www.livetradingnews.com/goldie-says-stocks-can-go-higher-164848.html#.XitExWlMHqs

The questions when will the s%%%t hit the fans though

Anyone buying more bonds or inverse products recently?

Comments

• Anythin "can" happen.
    Let's see if the Fed cuts rate / goes to negative interest rates. In the short term at least stocks have to go up then
  • edited January 2020
    Maybe not tomorrow, however. Dow futures were down around 270 at around 7 PM. I guess @Derf will be on a buying binge in the morning.:)
  • Actually maybe stocks are rolling over and the Fed will lower interest rates and get it over with to go into elections with markets back at highs.
  • Stock prices are going much higher - higher than you can ever imagine.

Never confuse all the doom and gloom promoted by the talking heads on trash TV with NORMAL MARKET VOLATILITY.
  • edited January 2020
    Hi @Simon. Please posture and expand upon the following comment that you made.

"Stock prices are going much higher - higher than you can ever imagine."

How so? And, in what period of time?

Thanks.

Old_Skeet

• I don't listen to the doom and gloomers, and I don't listen to the people that say stock prices are going higher than you can ever imagine.
  • edited January 2020
    bartab said:

”I don't listen to the doom and gloomers, and I don't listen to the people that say stock prices are going higher than you can ever imagine.”

But some people might. I think that’s what’s behind Ol’Skeet’s query. All are entitled to express an opinion. But it’s helpful (and potentially more meaningful) to lend some support to our assertions, be that opinion based on charts, numbers, trends, deductive reasoning, personal experience, authoritative writers / commentators, the Jim Cramers of the media world - or a Ouija Board.
  • I wonder what Siri and Alexa have to say about that.
  • I think this was just a wake up call to take some profits and not stay 100% invested. Stop fretting what will happen. If you are 100% invested, just sell a little and go away. It's not going to matter that much.

When $USD starts going up, International and EEM are going to go down in relative terms to US stocks. Sell your least favorite international fund a little and buy your most favorite us stock fund a bit.