Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Even in hot stock market TSP investors love super-cool G fund

edited February 2020 in Fund Discussions
https://federalnewsnetwork.com/mike-causey-federal-report/2020/01/even-in-hot-stock-market-tsp-investors-love-super-cool-g-fund/

Even in hot stock market TSP investors love super-cool G fund

Despite 20-30-plus-percent returns for the TSP’s C, S and I stock index funds last year, a slight majority of federal workers investing for retirement have most of their optional retirement nest egg money in the super-safe, Treasury securities G fund.

The C fund, which tracks the S&P 500 index, returned 31.45% in 2019. The small cap S fund return was 27.97% and the international stock index I fund was up 27.97%. The F fund (bonds) return was 8.68% while the popular G fund returned 2.24% in calendar 2019.

As of Dec. 31, 2019, the TSP total value was $632.6 billion.

Comments

• Isn't something a miss in this paragraph ?
    {Among the popular self-adjusting Lifecycle funds the L-income’s — with the smallest percentage of stocks and largest investment in treasury securities and bonds — return was 7.60% last year. The L-2030 fund return was 17.60% and the L-2050 returned 23.33% in 2018.
    I believe 2018 should read 2019.
    Derf
  • Yes it should, based on the data presented to the right of the article. As a long time reader of Federal Employee newspapers, including the frequently inaccurate/incomplete Federal Jobs Digest, editing mistakes are all too common.
  • edited February 2020
    Yes..think the fees are do cheap, they prob cannot afford to hire someone to edit articles..
    At least their performances and fees are very reasonable appeals to others