Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

10 Year Treasury Yield Dips Below 1%

edited March 2020 in Off-Topic
The yield was at 0.985% when I snapped this shot. It was still trending down. Amazing.....Its fair to expect there will be more volatility at minimum over the short term.....

Treasury Yield 10 Years (^TNX)
NYBOT - NYBOT Real Time Price. Currency in USD

Quote Lookup

0.985-0.103 (-9.4669%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/^TNX?p=^TNX

Comments

• Thanks for the post.

At about 2:06 pm, more or less; for a few nano seconds or whatever the speed is for the machines; the rate was at .908% yield.
  • edited March 2020
    Yes. 0.00% no longer seems impossible to me! Its interesting to click on the link and then to click on Max. It takes you back as far as 4/1/1962 and clearly shows the history being made daily by these low rates.....Something unprecedented appears to be occurring.
  • edited March 2020
    Well, since the creditworthiness of the government certainly hasn't improved lately one can only speculate that perhaps it's all due to unprecedented confidence in the personal credit rating of the president.
  • davfor said:

Yes. 0.00% no longer seems impossible to me!

As I type this, the yield has dropped to 0.438%. Perhaps we'll get to 0.00% very quickly indeed!
  • edited March 2020
    ORK. I don't like this at all. And Lombardy (north Italy) is in lockdown, like Wuhan is/was. I saw a headline that said "Italy's stocks fail to trade." But there was no follow-up. Their bourse is in Milan, I understand. But then it was reported that Milan was way down, by almost -10%. Again, I say: ORK!