Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can You Imagine a Leader Like This in the U.S. Now or Anytime?

Comments

• With respect to Mitch McTurtle in the Senate, Tweety Amin is the BEST example of a post-turtle. I'm surprised he hasn't thumped his chest and tweeted out self-adulation for this accomplishment yet, frankly.

Via Wikipedia:

"An old rancher is talking about politics with a young man from the city. He compares a politician to a "post turtle." The young man doesn't understand and asks him what a post turtle is.

The old man says, "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; you wonder who put him there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down."

• Are reruns of the Apprentice on !?
    Derf
  • Old_Joe said:

No, just more bile to pour.

OJ, at least he travels a lot, he reports, so spreading MAGA and US respect globally :)

• And yet, you guys have no criticism of Biden. Your bias is clear to all and November couldn't get here soon enough.
  • @BrianW Google "Whataboutism"
  • edited April 2020
    I have some issues with Biden as well, but if I had to make a choice between only two people running for office of who best represents my interest and others, I would take Biden hands down. Not that it has any influence, but I have voted Republican for years.

Trump represents his own interests first; not mine, my neighbors', my families or my friends' interests.

Trump is no Ronald Reagan! Trump rewarded his rich friends by putting them in office; Reagan put the best people in who could do the job. That in itself is a monumental difference.
  • Your perception is strong, but your sight is weak.
  • edited April 2020
    Apparently you are supporting Trump? But then again that is your choice and you can since you have the freedom to select whoever you want.

He has shown he is not open minded and narcissistic. My sight is not weak in that regard.
  • Maybe you should run for presidency then? Somehow I missed your name in the primaries.
  • edited April 2020
    @ThdShadow: I'm supporting logic and the Constitution. Somehow the Democrat party believes they will achieve power by any means necessary. The law and financial stability is an afterthought to what they believe is doing good, or achieves power for them. Of course 'doing good' has little to do with the people they pretend to represent. My bias is also clear, but my bias is based upon smaller government and less intrusion into our lives and rule of law. I cannot support wealth transference, poor finances, weak national security or mindless globalization. Furthermore, illegality by Politicians who've made a life of simply being Politicians is rampant, at the expense of those governed. I was told to Google 'Whataboutism' and the very statement reveals the total disregard of fair treatment under the law, which is the very foundation of this country.
  • @BrianW

You live in a country that has the freedom to select whoever you like by means of an election.

You are entitled to your beliefs and ideas. As I indicated earlier, I know Biden has some issues also, but the decision is up to each voter this November to elect the best candidate to serve the needs of the country. Since there are only two candidates, those are two you have to select from.
  • I wholeheartedly agree, I just hope Biden remembers.
  • edited April 2020
    I hope Trump remembers he was elected to represent the citizens/individuals of the United States.
  • edited April 2020
    @Brianw "How decades of democratic rule ruined some of our finest cities." Seriously, that's hilarious: https://fin24.com/Companies/TravelAndLeisure/these-are-the-wealthiest-cities-in-the-world-20191127
    Without America's Democratic cities paying the bulk of federal taxes, red state America would be bankrupt.
  • edited April 2020
    Neither candidate's policies impress me, and besides all presidents really do is guide things in DC anyway. It's not like we're electing a king who governs by decree -- and yes that includes the current Idiot Incumbent, Donald J. Trump. What's the 'J' stand for? 'Jenius!"

I am supporting Biden b/c at least we won't be hearing is g---damn name every hour in every venue and every channel. Biden's not a narcissist .... he clearly shows empathy ... and I daresay is a relatively decent human being, albeit with his own faults & baggage like any of us. Compared to the current vacuous incumbent, being a relatively decent human being & not hearing about them constantly around the clock would be a very welcome breath of fresh air.

I'm an independent voter. While I didn't support all Bush/Cheney policies (and despised Cheney's smugness) I always said I could probably enjoy a conversation or beer with them as fairly decent human beings (albeit also w/baggage)... heck, maybe I'd learn something new. But the current actor in the WH, I wouldn't give the time of day because he is anything BUT a decent human being and has molding months-old cotton-candy growing in his "you-know-what" [points to head].

• TheShadow said:

@BrianW

You live in a country that has the freedom to select whoever you like by means of an election.

You are entitled to your beliefs and ideas. As I indicated earlier, I know Biden has some issues also, but the decision is up to each voter this November to elect the best candidate to serve the needs of the country. Since there are only two candidates, those are two you have to select from.

????????
    https://howiehawkins.us/
  • edited April 2020
    @Crash,

Sorry for his exclusion. I know of two candidate running presently as our primary is next month. If he has some good plans, I may consider him. I'm open minded.

• We get the leaders we deserve. But the Electoral College has lately been responsible for giving us what was NOT the will of the majority. And all we'd have to do to KILL it, and even get ourselves to a parliamentary system would be to change the constitution. (It would not be perfect, either.) But there are too many who worship it as is--- not least among them are the evangelicals, who think it was handed down to us from up on high by Jesus Christ. The US system and Presbyterian systems are very similar. It's not a direct connection, but it's not a coincidence. Not all Presbys are evangelical, but I saw from the inside how MARRIED so many of them are to the current structure. .....As far as I'm concerned, we're between a rock and a hard place. The Repugnants' policies have forsaken ordinary people, going back decades. The Demublicans represent a flavor of politics akin to MODERATE, principled Republicans from the Eisenhower years, who showed evidence of a CONSCIENCE. "The greatest generation." Even though they tolerated Jim Crow and all...
  • edited April 2020
    All you need to do is read the previous posts and see the anger and lost of control, that was so easy to prove. I also think you should concentrate on investments, after all, this is not a political site.
  • rono said:

Howdy folks,

I said it months ago and it's worth repeating, 'Trump and eat shit and die and everyone who supports him can eat shit and die.'

Do I make myself perfectly clear?

and so it goes,

peace and flatten the curve,

rono

rono,,,,, Please stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.