Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

uh-oh, legacy M* dying?

Bad news

If you go to

https://quotes.morningstar.com/chart/fund/chart.action?t=[[fundname here]]

all displays as normal, in the old style, but when you go to add comparison funds or ETFs or anything, there is no dropdown to choose, no data feed for the comparison

hopefully a glitch, but I am thinking not

Comments

• never mind, seems to be restored

for now anyway
  • edited July 2020
    Been like that for over a year. The "Quote" page is only in the "new" M*, but with a link to the old (legacy) M* the Chart, Portfolio etc. pages view in the legacy version. The legacy M* is available in the version at libraries.

• M* and 'dying' has been synonymous with me for several years now ... which is why I am no longer a member of the premium site, a newsletter subscriber, and left their forum last year.
  • rforno said:

M* and 'dying' has been synonymous with me for several years now ... which is why I am no longer a member of the premium site, a newsletter subscriber, and left their forum last year.

You should have patented your face mask!

• Fully agree with rforno. They should change their name to Mourningstar.
  • Do they even have an app that works on an Android phone? I can't find one.
    I have one that works on my iPod.

• LOL I need to remember that one!
    carew388 said:

Fully agree with rforno. They should change their name to Mourningstar.