Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Japan's 'flying car' gets off ground, with a person aboard

Comments

• And, here is another piece of interesting aviation news from today:
    ....the Celera 500L has finally been revealed to the world, with the launch of a new website and a bunch of very cool new photos.

What we're looking at is a six-person private craft that promises to fly at jet speeds, but with eight times lower fuel consumption, and a range that's twice that of a comparably sized craft.

The range is such that the Celera 500L would be able to service nearly every city pairing in the United States without refueling.

https://cnn.com/travel/article/celera-500l-plane/index.html
  • edited August 2020
    Finally. The Jetsons' car has arrived. Been waiting for one since I was a kid.
  • Very interesting. The flying car's propulsion is similar to commercial drones using 4 vertical propellers. It should be quite manunerable but at the expense of being aerodynamic. This vehicle needs to be gasoline powered based on the power-to-weight requirements similar to military drones.
    https://af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104470/mq-9-reaper/
  • davfor said:

What we're looking at is a six-person private craft that promises to fly at jet speeds ...

Well, that ought to be fun during rush hour.
  • Finally. The Jetsons' car has arrived. Been waiting for one since I was a kid.

I'll keep waiting until they come out with the compact version that folds up into a briefcase. Too bad Sven had to say something about weight.

• @msf send the video to Elon Musk.