Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Derf September 2020
  • rono September 2020
  • sma3 September 2020
  • Sven September 2020
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

International Currency Hedging

Howdy folks,

I want to continue to hedge against the dollar in various ways. In my case, we don't need to talk about precious metals but rather hedging the bond and equity portion of my allocation.

I'm at Price and already have moved some monies to PRELX. Looking for others to complement. Saw both FXE and FXC which are hedged into Euros and Loonies, resp.

Looking for suggestions, thanks.

and so it goes,

peace and wear the damn mask,

rono

Comments

• @rono: Do you look at this fund as a short term (spiff) play ?
    Be glad that you didn't purchase back in 2011 when this fund evolved !
    Stay Safe, Derf
  • Majority of my foreign exposure to equities and bonds are unhedged against USD. My timing was bad in 2007 when my local currency EM Pimco bond tanked badly and took over 3 years to recovered. Think it was my mistake of jumping in all at once instead building up the position over 6-12 months.
  • Howdy folks,

Derf. Perhaps it will be a short term play. Right now, we seem to be doing all the wrong things in response to the virus. Throw in the political uncertainty and I want to hedge my entire portfolio away from the dollar. Most of the rest of the world is managing the virus and the associated economic destruction so much better than us. Alas.

As for timing, feh. I'm not trying to time anything - just respond to the macro economic fundamentals.

rono
  • look at UDN