Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Where to Invest $10,000 Right Now - 5 Fund Experts Suggest

Finding compelling reasons to invest when faced with so many unknowns is a daunting challenge — but one that our quarterly panel of veteran investors lives with every day. These money managers now see opportunities that stretch from cyclical stocks — which benefit when the economy runs hot — to battered European banks and the sovereign debt of China.
how-to-invest-10k/

Comments

• I used up all my free articles for the month.

I have no interest in Chinese bonds. But what else are they touting?
  • @WABAC

-European Banks - EUFN
    -International Value (LC)
    -Taiwan and India with EM space - EWT & EPI
    -High Quality Cyclicals - Semiconductor - PSI
    -Overweight global banks versus technology, and value versus growth, since both trades have historically been good inflation hedges. We also suggest over weighting industrials (XLI) versus retailers, and energy versus utilities.

• bee said:

@WABAC

-European Banks - EUFN
    -International Value (LC)
    -Taiwan and India with EM space - EWT & EPI
    -High Quality Cyclicals - Semiconductor - PSI
    -Overweight global banks versus technology, and value versus growth, since both trades have historically been good inflation hedges. We also suggest over weighting industrials (XLI) versus retailers, and energy versus utilities.

These are all trades based on the assumption that US stocks and especially growth have done well so lets "gamble" on others. I have seen these article for several years already. With interest rates so low I would not go with banks, actually banks wouldn't be my favorite for years since there are several other industries.

But, most should just use a wide index and not try to select the next hot sector.
  • @bee, thank you for the reply.