Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TD Ameri-Schwab

beebee
edited November 2020 in Fund Discussions
Almost 50 years ago, two upstart companies pioneered a new model in the financial services industry—one entirely devoted to individual investors. Following this week's close of the acquisition, TD Ameritrade and Schwab are now part of one company with the same shared goal: helping people realize their dreams through the power of investing.
mail.tdameritrade.com/H/2/v600000175091d3956a25213f4bbe5cfc0/b21ddfaa-76df-4f58-b1b4-0239b10f8915/HTML

Comments

• If you are presently with TD Ameritrade why not do this (Transfer Bonus):

https://schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/referred-prospect.html
  • Yup. After the TD fiasco in August with ThinkorSwim, and their horrid way of handling it, I created a Schwab account and have been slowly moving assets over. The advantage is that moving now will help keep me away from the inevitable chaos that happens during brokerage mergers, too. :/ I kept the bulk of my $$ at TDA until yesterday just to not screw the quite good FA I was working with by having him lose a significant amount of AUM that could hurt his evaluations - he was good to me, so I figured I'd be good to him.

I plan to keep a small holding at TDA just to keep my account active and maintain access to my records, etc.
  • I have both TDA and Schwab. I'm very with Schwab. With all the things going on, least of my worries, frankly.