Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Lynn Bolin commentary

Excellent commentary by Lynn Bolin this month....I have never seen mutual fund trends analyzed using this method. Any chance this can be a monthly feature?

Comments

• Charles Bolin is contributor to the MFO monthly commentary since early 2020. You can go back every month to see his articles. Also he writes for Seeking Alpha. I have been following his writing/advice since I discovered his approach on risk management.
  • Sorry...I wasn't clear. I was referring to his excellent analysis of trending mutual funds.
  • He has been analyzing fund flow on asset classes (not individual MF/ETF) in previous articles. Trending Is discussed in details this month on specific funds. Fidelity has been discussing trends and rotation as early as September 2020.
  • Thank you so much for the kind words. I generally write two articles per month. The one on Seeking Alpha comes about a week into the month and covers fund updates for the previous month using MFO. I write an article for MFO for their monthly newsletter on topics that I have researched over the past month(s).

I developed the methods to analyze trending funds over the past couple of months. It was fun and informative. Nothing as exciting as Gamestop, though. Investing should be boring, in my opinion.

Best Wishes for a Safe and Prosperous 2021!