Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Infant Exchange Traded Funds Attracting Inflows

Each month, I download hundreds of ETFS and generally require that they have at least three years of history, and at least $100M in assets before up loading them into my Ranking System. I maintain a list of funds that have at least $100M but aren't three years old. This is a short listing of the funds:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4438107-infant-exchange-traded-funds-attracting-inflows

ESGV, BBAX, USSG, SUSL, IVOL, VSGX, EAGG, RPAR, VCMDX, PTBD, SWAN, DRSK, NTSX, NUSI, LDSF, XLSR, JCPB, PTIN, MUST

All but three of these funds have lower risk than the S&P 500 as measured by the Ulcer Index. These funds either have positive three-month trends or inflows. All but one fund have earned more than 6 percent annualized.

Comments

• I'm invested in ESGV as a core holding at Schwab and Fidelity. I invested in IVOL earlier this year and made some coins, but it's slumped lately turning a 4% ytd gain into a 2% loss. NTSX is a 90/60 balanced fund.I'll take a look at XLSR. Thanks for the list !
  • @carew388 I own three commodity funds and they are doing well. I started tracking TBF in case interest rates rose. I suspect IVOL did well when rates were rising but now that they have fallen, IVOL is not doing well.
  • @lynn, thank you very much. Always enjoying learning from what you discovered.