Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Only green today

FIJEX !!
UP .19%
With 2 NA
How did your portfolio do ? A check for downside protection.
Stay Kool, Derf

Comments

• All equity holdings crushed today. But IOFIX and PMZIX held steady. DHEAX up 1 cent. JLS also up nicely. Otherwise, sea of red.
  • CTFAX up 3 cents, MWISX up 1 cent FIPDX up 3 cents EIXAX up 1 cent HMEAX up 1 cent. Most of these, except CTFAX are minor positions. Most disappointing: GPANX down 1.2 %
  • edited July 2021
    @Stiller just posted the futures are all green. Must be the Robinhood traders that the pullback today.
  • edited July 2021
    Futures:
    https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Today (Own):
    UP: Munis, TSIAX
    Pick 'em: MSSMX

Today (Watch):
    UP: NVDA (3.4%), AMD, ARKK, ARKW, ARKG, PYPL
  • FRTY +.89%, PTIAX +.43%, MIGPX +.28%. However, MSAUX -2.52% leads the many losers.
  • edited July 2021
    d
  • BCOIX and DODIX were up 0.50% and 0.21% respectively.
    VUSFX was flat.
    All my equity funds were down 0.77% - 1.88%.
  • All my bond funds are up (or flat) while the stock funds are all done. Everything is back to green on Tuesday. Any insight or just knee jerk reaction?
  • Sven said:

Everything is back to green on Tuesday. Any insight or just knee jerk reaction?

We have all been trained to buy the dip.

• I framed yesterday’s drop as really not that big a deal percentage wise vs point wise. I guess it’s all in how one looks at it. Ditto today’s claw back so far.
  • Bigger movements though at the individual equity level ... oil, financials, materials.
  • Correct, and fortunately I held none individually. I suck at picking winners there so any losses would have been via my mutual fund or ETF holdings.