Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

morningstar

11:45 pm + M* portfolio still not up to date for 8/5

Comments

• I noticed. Must be a huge overall system failure? Though M* has earned a reputation for being lackadaisical, inaccurate and the opposite of prompt.
  • Morningstar must still be asleep this morning...
  • rforno said:

Morningstar must still be asleep this morning...

Yep. And they joined the ranks of Vanguard.
  • Mona said:

rforno said:

Morningguard? Vangstar?
  • Ben said:

Mona said:

rforno said:

Morningguard? Vangstar?
    For years I have used Yodlee on Vanguard to aggregate my Schwab account. Worked great. For the past few months, I can't get it to refresh and update. It seems that 2FA is the problem. I can't even get Vanguard to acknowledge that there is a problem, although they can clearly see that my refresh failed! They are too busy paying their employees $1,000 each to get vaccinated instead of concentrating on their clients needs.

• Vangstar = Deathstar
  • They are too busy paying their employees $1,000 each to get vaccinated

If the concern is about the amount of time expended ("too busy"), ISTM that having a computer cut a one-time check for an employee when a "vaccinated" box is checked off consumes virtually no time. What does consume time is checking off that box, i.e. verifying that an employee is vaccinated.

A vaccinate only policy, whether voluntary or mandatory, regardless of incentives, still consumes just a small amount of time. That's especially true when compared with other companies following a policy of accepting repeated testing in lieu of vaccinations.
  • @Mona , I've noticed that Vanguard is using Yodlee to authorize funds transfers from other brokers, like Schwab and I brought up to their management that there is a problem on their site with Yodlee.

Anyways, I was able to escalate the issue to their Executive Team and got a hold of Monique Burnette, Executive Correspondent, 888-888-7062, Ext. 66110 on business days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Eastern time Hope it helps, but I always submit the issues in writing.
  • Mav123 said:

@Mona , I've noticed that Vanguard is using Yodlee to authorize funds transfers from other brokers, like Schwab and I brought up to their management that there is a problem on their site with Yodlee.

Anyways, I was able to escalate the issue to their Executive Team and got a hold of Monique Burnette, Executive Correspondent, 888-888-7062, Ext. 66110 on business days between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Eastern time Hope it helps, but I always submit the issues in writing.

Thank you for the information. Monday, I too will contact Monique Burnette. I do not understand why the people I spoke with, including my Flagship Rep., were unaware of the problems.
  • Checked my watch lists in M* Portfolio Manager at 22:25 ET.
    Looks like Portfolio Manager has not been updated with today's market changes.
  • Yes, only SOME of my holdings are updated. Sucks big wet ones. Not surprised any longer, with Morningstar. Reliable, MAYBE. If they feel like it?
  • edited October 2021
    How about “Falling Star”? Seems like as soon as I latch on to one of their 5-star funds it starts falling … down to 3 stars in no time at all.
  • edited October 2021
    Yes, this no longer surprises me.
    There have been multiple issues with various M* products over the past few years.
  • Mourningstar-as many of the MFO posters miss earlier versions of Morningstar !
  • Hi guys, In viewing my portfolio in M*'s Portfolio Manger this morning (Saturday 10/2) around 5:45 AM, I am finding than a good number of my mutual funds have stale pricing from Thursday's market close and M* has failed ... yet again ... to update many mutual funds in my portfolio with Friday's nav market closing values. No wonder M* gets bashed on many investment boards.
  • CecilJK said:

Hi guys, In viewing my portfolio in M*'s Portfolio Manger this morning (Saturday 10/2) around 5:45 AM, I am finding than a good number of my mutual funds have stale pricing from Thursday's market close and M* has failed ... yet again ... to update many mutual funds in my portfolio with Friday's nav market closing values. No wonder M* gets bashed on many investment boards.

Thank you Old_ Skeet.

• edited October 2021
    Hi guys, The crew in the IT Department seems to have done some fast (fix-it) work this morning because at 9:30 am in checking my portfolio in portfolio manager ... well ... it seems to be fixed with Friday's closing nav values.
  • Morningstar's screener and portfolio tracker have been down more than they've been up this morning. I got to one page that literally read "Ooops..." and a bunch where the page frame loaded but the page functions did not.

Curiously, I had a bit more success with the Opera browser than with Chrome or Firefox.

For what that's worth, David
  • edited October 2021
    CecilJK said:

Hi guys, The crew in the IT Department seems to have done some fast (fix-it) work this morning because at 9:30 am in checking my portfolio in portfolio manager ... well ... it seems to be fixed with Friday's closing nav values.

ISTM these occurrences happen mostly on Fridays. And as Ol Skeet mentions, Saturday morning seems to be the charm. Can’t complain about the price (in my case 0). I back M* up with a subscription tracking app. One or the other usually works.
  • Their charts seem less reliable lately and I always have to compare them to Stockcharts if SC recognizes the symbol. The difficulty is M* charts do not seem to correct their faulty data later and carries the errors. E.g., For PSPTX., M* shows a 3% jump on 9/29.
  • Like I said, whenever it DOES work, it's a fountain of great, even granular data.
  • edited October 2021
    Lipper seems screwed up tonight. For several funds the YTD figure displayed in the “overview” is starkly at odds with the YTD when one brings up “performance”. And in comparing M*, Yahoo and Lipper, it’s unlikely the YTD numbers will match. I realize it’s best to go right to the institution. Works with TRP, but when I checked on DIAL (Columbia) they were current only to August 30. As interest rates have been all over the place recently, the August 30 date doesn’t tell the whole story.

For DIAL, Lipper shows roughy -1% (ytd) in its “overview”, but than lists it as -3.08% on the performance chart. Makes me wonder if the former is from some recent data bank and the latter perhaps from Columbia’s dated August 30 figure? Just curious how the double whammy of rising rates and falling stocks (high yield bonds) has affected that one.