Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Edward Studzinski commentary MFO

Enjoy reading his comments on MFO. Wondering if Ed ever posted comments in Discussions?

Comments

• edited October 2021

Enjoy reading his comments on MFO. Wondering if Ed ever posted comments in Discussions?

Hmm. It seems increasingly a little like elderly late-night AM talkshowspeak, out-there, doomish without specifics, yet also equivocal:

>> we are on the edge of a period of hyperinflation

>> it would inflate away the debt being undertaken to finance a new paradigm.

>> another bank in a different part of the state ... told me their [hiring] problem was that the news media have made people so frightened of the Delta variant of the virus,

>> if oil hits $90 a barrel by the end of the year, there will be a major impact on the economy and the way of life for most of America.

>> Some of the [tax] changes being bandied about could have major impacts in the areas of ... family-owned businesses.

>> when in doubt, sometimes the best thing to do is – nothing.

( "Paul Harvey. ... ... Good night!" )
  • Paul Harvey? Boy, you are old! :)
  • I believe he has posted a few times. I enjoy his commentary as well.
  • What is his user name?
  • Old_Joe said:

Paul Harvey? Boy, you are old! :)

Maybe not.

"In late August [2001], 83-year-old broadcasting legend Paul Harvey returned full-time to radio land. For three months, he'd been out of commission thanks to a lingering virus that zapped his once invincible voice box."
    https://www.salon.com/2001/09/25/harvey_2/

Paul Harvey Noon News and Comment - Feb. 16, 2009 (Last one by Paul)

And now you know ... the rest of the story.

• I first heard him as a child in the 1950s, and it came to help me understand thoughtless reactionary minds and their frights. Plus wannabe-droll delivery.