Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Redwood Systematic Macro Trend I Fund (RWSIX) -- Redwood Investment Management

Looking over the 3-yr data for "Flexible Portfolio" funds at MFO Premium, one of the younger funds is Redwood Systematic Macro Trend I Fund (RWSIX). My review of Redwood Investment Management's website found a good deal of stress placed on the importance of minimizing the risk/bite of drawdowns in their investment approach, along with a corporate propensity to trademark a bevy of investment terms or acronyms.

Holding stocks, bonds, and ETFs, the portfolio of RWSIX is indeed flexible. In addition to RWSIX, Redwood runs several other OEFs and ETFs. I was curious if anyone else had info on this fund or Redwood in general.

Comments

• The three Redwood funds listed at Schwab all have the 49.95 tf, which since I invest $500 to a $1000 at a time wouldn't work for me.
  • Looks like it's NTF at TDAmeritrade, but the minimum purchase is $10,000.
  • It's not available at TDA nor E-Trade.