Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Revian Ownership...it might be in your TRP Fund

beebee
edited April 2022 in Fund Discussions
@Sven,

A quick look at who owns Revian...Ford, Amazon, T. Rowe Price...to name a few:

is-rivian-owned-by-amazon-here-are-the-facts/

Ownership List through M*:
https://morningstar.com/stocks/xnas/rivn/ownership

Comments

• edited April 2022
    Future of EVs lies in new battery technologies to enable the EVs. Most of today’s lithium ion batteries have many limitations ranging from safety hazard (fires from accidents and battery failures), raw materials and immature charging infrastructure. Moving away from Li ion battery technologies to something more widely available while maintaining the same energy density would be significant.

For now, electric vehicles make most sense in commercial and fleet vehicles. EVs face similar hurdles than those of fuel cells vehicles 20 years ago. We have to be optimistic that these hurdles can be solved.

Good to see that Rivian is widely own by many growth funds.
  • RIVN is one of the single largest holdings in NRGX, a PIMCO CEF. At some point, it was more than 10% of the portfolio.
  • Rivian Tumbles After Report of Ford Share Sale at a Discount
    Bloomberg, via MSN
    It's not a big disinvestment by Ford (8M out of 102M shares), but apparently enough to rattle the market. And that does add up to 1% of the outstanding Rivian shares.
  • Wouldn't be surprised! It was in two of my funds and I didn't even know it until I was on a zoom with the PM!