Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Looking for TCHP …..

edited June 2022 in Fund Discussions
:( New blue chip ETF from TRP. I’d like to begin speculating in graduated small amounts. Don’t want to be hit with a fee if I sell some off within 60 days. (I’ll assume performance would be similar to TRBCX.)

Wonder why Fido can’t locate this one? For that matter, Lipper can’t pull it up either.
-

Edit: I had the ticker wrong. Was searching for TCHIP and the correct ticker is TCHP. Thanks to all who helped. The reason I chose Sunday to do a test buy was to iron out any problems in advance before hitting the floor running!

Comments

• Thanks. Will keep trying.
  • Thank you again @bumine. Did a test buy and worked. My problem was using “TCHIP” rather than the correct “TCHP.”
  • @hank, daily volume is not yet great. When you buy, please post here about the bid-ask spread. Thanks.

A similar and perhaps, more beta is FBCG (Fidelity).
  • edited June 2022
    “When you buy, please post here about the bid-ask spread.”

OK. (More of an if than a when.) But happy to share whatever I can. I believe anybody with Fido can submit a “tentative” order and view the “ask” / bid” prices without actually putting it through.
  • edited June 2022
    @hank, may be edit the Subject to fix the ticker. Thanks.

BTW, bid-ask displayed over the weekends (or, when the markets are not open) are stub/fake quotes, not real at all.
  • @hank, may be edit the Subject to fix the ticker. Thanks.

BTW, bid-ask displayed over the weekends (or, when the markets are not open) are stub/fake quotes, not real at all.

Yes. I took a screen shot when I did a test buy today. It shows: Bid $14.45X2 and Ask $000.X0 with volume of 117,543. So figured something was off.

• Regular trading hours are the real measure of bid-ask spreads / liquidity. You can see bid-ask spreads on live quote - you do not need a tentative order to see bid-ask spreads. The spreads should decrease if AUM / volumes / liquidity increases over time. So, the spreads are not necessarily static.
  • edited June 2022
    @BaluBalu, I have no issue with the spreads. I’m happy to supply the bid / ask quotes when I have access to them as you earlier seemed to request.:) But, I’m beginning to think that you or anyone else can probably acquire the same information on your own …..
  • edited June 2022
    Plan to begin transitioning from PRWCX into TCHP is now on the “back burner”. Futures markets are charging higher tonight. Wouldn’t you know?
  • TCHP. Did you see the P/E on that bugger??????? 31+
  • edited June 2022
    Crash said:

TCHP. Did you see the P/E on that bugger??????? 31+

Owning things like Microsoft, Apple, META and Tesla will cause a high P/E. I compared TCHP to a RYT, a popular Invesco Tech ETF, and the P/E is similar. Of course DCA’ng in gradually during a falling equity market is different than buying all at once. And, since the fund doesn’t disclose holdings for 15 days, those P/Es have come down some.

BTW, I wouldn’t recommend TCHP or anything else I might own or contemplate to anyone else.
  • @hank, TCHP looks a lot like QQQ to me. Same stocks, slightly different distribution. I don't have the stomach to be contrarian and move into tech right now. That said, I did buy a little AAPL last week, but paid for it by selling a couple VERY big losers - ARK type stocks.
  • edited June 2022
    Good to hear from you @MikeM. Many ways to skin a cat.:)

Would only tip-toe in if the markets continued falling. Doesn’t appear to be the case.
  • edited June 2022
    MikeM said:

I did buy a little AAPL last week, but paid for it by selling a couple VERY big losers - ARK type stocks.

Mike’s obviously not a “Woodstock” fan.
  • hank said:

Crash said:

TCHP. Did you see the P/E on that bugger??????? 31+

Owning things like Microsoft, Apple, META and Tesla will cause a high P/E. I compared TCHP to a RYT, a popular Invesco Tech ETF, and the P/E is similar. Of course DCA’ng in gradually during a falling equity market is different than buying all at once. And, since the fund doesn’t disclose holdings for 15 days, those P/Es have come down some.

BTW, I wouldn’t recommend TCHP or anything else I might own or contemplate to anyone else.
    *****Gotcha.