Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any Funds You're Hoping Will Reopen Because of the Bear Market?

Any on your wish lists?

Comments

• PRWCX PRHYX
  • carew388 said:

PRWCX PRHYX

*Compare PRHYX and TUHYX. I got into the latter because the former is closed. The ER is .05 cheaper on PRHYX. And it's much more spread-out. Manager tenure is over 3 years now. On TUHYX, Manager tenure is over 9 years.

PRHYX yield. 6.06
    TUHYX. 6.68

PRHYX holdings: 472. 3 stars, bronze= morningstar. Duration 4.52.
    TUHYX 115. 3 stars, silver. (for whatever it may be worth.). Duration 4.37

Looks to me that PRHYX holds some bonds from foreign companies. TUHYX is labeled "U.S. High Yield."
  • edited September 2022
    Possibly the Chestnut Street Exchange Fund (CHNTX) and/or BlackRock Exchange Portfolio (STSEX) for a retirement account.

Brown Capital Management Small Company Fund (BCSIX , BCSSX) would be nice also.
  • If you like PRHYX, you could buy HYB instead as T. Rowe also manages it, but the risk is that it’s leveraged and as a close-end can trade at a premium or discount to its portfolio value. Currently, it trades at a discount, so it’s interesting. The leverage is a problem though in my opinion.
  • PRILX, PBRNX
  • New accounts for PRWCX can be opened if you hold a minimum $250,000 balance directly with TRP. That minimum balance can be spread across different funds, including brokerage accounts.
  • PRWCX, but many other desired funds are not available on popular brokerage platforms.
  • @ron,

PRILX is open to all investors with a $100K minimum.
    It may be available on some platforms with a lower minimum.
  • edited September 2022
    I wonder if any of T. Rowe's U.S. and foreign small-cap growth funds will reopen like PRIDX or PRNHX or OTCFX. Another fund that's been perpetually closed is WESNX.
  • Following up on @TheShadow: I have kept a small position in BCSIX and added a smidgeon to it fairly recently. I was a faithful investor in 3 of Brown Capital's funds and I thought they were making a laudable effort to bring in some new talent to help Eddie Brown and others who've been there a long time. However, from my perspective, relative performance has declined and I hold only the small-cap fund.