Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern plans to leave office

edited January 2023 in Off-Topic
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced her intent to step down in a shock move that rocked the country's political landscape. Speaking to her party's annual caucus in the seaside town of Napier, 42-year-old Ardern said "it's time" for her to move on and that she "no longer had enough in the tank" for her premiership.

Story: NPR

Comments

• It's always a shame to me when you get and lose a decent human being as a political leader. I totally understand and believe her reasons for stepping aside and admire her for the work she did. Her positions took guts and humility and seemed always in the best interests of those she served and not herself.
  • edited January 2023
    Thanks @Mark

Agree / Stepping aside took guts too. And to be so brutally honest.
  • Mark said:

It's always a shame to me when you get and lose a decent human being as a political leader. I totally understand and believe her reasons for stepping aside and admire her for the work she did. Her positions took guts and humility and seemed always in the best interests of those she served and not herself.

I agree with your comments.
    It's a shame that seemingly few high-level US politicians work to serve the best interests of their constituents.
  • Ditto to all of you!
  • edited January 2023
    Mark said:

It's always a shame to me when you get and lose a decent human being as a political leader. I totally understand and believe her reasons for stepping aside and admire her for the work she did. Her positions took guts and humility and seemed always in the best interests of those she served and not herself.

++++. NZ has had some really good Labour PMs, and JA has been one of the best. I doubt we've seen the last of her; I can see her as an international NGO leader in the not-too-distant future.