Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Forbes "Financial All Stars" for March

The issue in my mailbox today lists 50 financial firms that " have strong fundamentals to keep out preforming"

On Page two is our good friend SIBV.

They also have an article on Blockchain recommending Signature Bank

I can't understand why people read this, except for anything other than a laugh.

Did anybody see how SJIM is doing?

Comments

• SJIM. LAUGH!!!!!

• *spews coffee across his keyboard*
  • I think SJIM is probably a very good investment. Haven't there been several studies that have demonstrated Cramer's recs are almost always loosers
  • Cramer is full of it. CNBC is for entertainment only.
  • edited March 2023
    Unbelievable "analysis."
    I subscribed to Forbes years ago.
    This publication has really declined over time.
  • sma3 said:

I think SJIM is probably a very good investment. Haven't there been several studies that have demonstrated Cramer's recs are almost always loosers

SJIM is +1.80 over the past 5 days, per SeekingAlpha....

And Forbes? They're just cheap clickbait sensationalism now. Hardly worth my attention.
  • The Forbes 30 under 30 issue has featured the following on its cover: Elizabeth Holmes, Samuel Bankman-Fried, Adam Neumann. A real rogues’ gallery of how not to run a company.
  • MrRuffles said:

The Forbes 30 under 30 issue has featured the following on its cover: Elizabeth Holmes, Samuel Bankman-Fried, Adam Neumann. A real rogues’ gallery of how not to run a company.

Those lists are almost always a whos-who of popularity in the media and/or industry, not competence.
  • While I don't normally condone violence. I believe those three deserve a good ole fashioned, Chicago style, knuckle sandwich. Tune them up real nice behind the garage.

Sheet those clowns have really created real hardship for iot of folks with their chicanery

• At least Holmes and SBF will go to jail. Neumann was smart enough to only defraud private investors so civil suits but no jail time. He is already back at raising money. Who on earth would give him a dime?

You must have an enormous ego to loose Billions while you walk away with Billions, watch yourself made a laughing stock on a made for TV movie and then assume people will give you more money