Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Volkswagen Shows €25,000 EV to Compete Where Tesla Has Left an Opening

Comments

• This should be a big winner and game changer in this market segment. But lots of consumers will never forgive VW for its emissions scandal. I am a former manager of a VW dealership, have owned many air and water cooled VWs and I would not trust them. Ever.
  • @larryb I was thinking the same thing. VW certainly has had its own scandals. I wonder what Subaru, Toyota and the other Japanese makers are doing with EVs.
  • Toyota is sticking with hybrids first, the EVs second. Some say it's foolish, others say that it works for Toyota.

Europeans are making good progress in the EVs; China too and it may be ahead in batteries. In the US, Tesla dominates.
  • edited March 2023

Toyota is sticking with hybrids first, the EVs second. Some say it's foolish, others say that it works for Toyota.

Europeans are making good progress in the EVs; China too and it may be ahead in batteries. In the US, Tesla dominates.

If the "Fit for 55" CO2 emission targets are formally adopted, new cars sold in the EU
    will need to reduce CO2 emissions by 55% (compared to 2021 levels) by 2030.
    The 2035 "Fit for 55" CO2 emission reduction target for new cars and vans is 100% (zero-emission).
    European auto manufacturers have a lot at stake...
    Link