Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Do others have a favorite fund, or two?

The funds that I'm absolutely happy with and most comfortable with and favor the most are PRWCX and JHQAX. They have been consistent over the years and two funds I don't worry about. They together make up about 35% on my self-managed portfolio.

Do others have funds they just don't worry about in good times and bad? Faves?

Comments

• Wife Side: PRWCX, PRHSX & TREMX
    My Side: FSMEX, TRMCX, VWENX
  • FMSDX and PRPFX.
  • PRWCX. 38 percent of total, including wife's T-IRA.
    PRFDX is not exactly "set it and forget it." And it's a newer acquisition for me. But it appears to rise and fall along with PRWCX, so...

My junk bond funds might never go anywhere, but the dividends are tasty. Those are long-term holds. TUHYX. PRCPX. HYDB. Just thought I'd mention something from bond-land.
  • Yes, after bottom fell out of Tremx, I invested $5k, up to about $7k.

• I thought TREMX was closed, and now uninvestable.
  • edited March 2023
    BIVIX NTSX TRAIX
  • Whatever FD1000 invests in.
  • @hank. C'mon man. LOL!

Pvcmx for me...

• edited March 2023
    PRWCX

RWMGX (AF WaMu Investors 0 where 100% of my 403b is parked)

PRBLX/PRILX is a good one I've held, too. Wish there was an ETF version b/c it pays out big each year.
  • BIAWX and POAGX although the last 2 years of performance are giving me pause.
  • Although limited to 403-b accounts, TIAA Traditional is a *guaranteed* minimum 3% (unless of course the fit hits the shan). Also like VIG and VWIAX.
  • Mark said:

BIAWX and POAGX although the last 2 years of performance are giving me pause.

Make that the last five years.

• @sfnative - I give the fund credit for recovering the loss in 2018 ergo my 2 yr comment
  • edited March 2023
    The following two funds have performed well for me and have been worry-free.
    Collectively they comprised 36% of my total portfolio at the beginning of the year.

Interm. Core-Plus Bond: DOXIX
    Foreign Large Blend: MIEIX (invested in CIT "clone")

Edit/Add:
    I've owned the following fund for ~5.5 years in my HSA and am pleased with its overall performance
    but it's only a small slice of my portfolio.

Large Blend: PRILX