Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What is your favorite Irish investment??

Any preferences.

also

Gary

Comments

• edited March 2014
    NO CONTEST! Great artists and great album.

Rose of Tralee and Other Irish Favourites - James Last
    Support MFO by using its Amazon Link!
    http://www.amazon.com/Rose-Tralee-Other-Irish-Favourites/dp/B0000071IH/ref=sr_1_27?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1395068565&sr=1-27&keywords=james+last

Track List:
    Maggie (2:33)
    Irish Stew (3:40)
    Coulin (2:54)
    Come Back To Erin (3:52)
    Ril Mhor Bhaile Chalaidh (Ballinakelly Reel) (2:55)
    An Erickay Love Lilt (Beir Me' O) (2:35)
    On The Banks Of My Own Lovely Lee (3:11)
    Summer In Dublin (4:47)
    When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (2:37)
    The Rose Of Tralee (1:25)
    The Londonberry Air (1:50)
    Sweepstake (2:55)
    Cockles And Mussels (3:47)
    (I Love) I.R.E.L.A.N.D. (4:50)
  • I own Guinness via Diageo (DEO). I've never found something that interests me in the Irish stock mkt.
  • One of my all time favorites, and one of the top five movie scenes of all times
    Regards,
    Ted

Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral: Bing Crosby
  • Just Guinness on tap or in the can
  • Reply to @Mark: you're making me thirsty and it's still morning here.
    Oh well ... It's always afternoon somewhere!:-)
  • probably invest in myself w/ irish cofe lol
  • Depends on where your at when having a few pints of Guinness, the flavor and taste are different.
  • Absolutley agree with jafink63. I like Guinness, but Guiness in Ireland taste much better - much smoother, less bitter than what you get any where else. My wife and I got in a conversation with a cab driver on a trip to Dublin back in the 90's. I told him we just came in from London and the Guinness just didn't taste the same there as in Ireland. He said with a smerk, "that's because we send them the stuff we can't sell any place else".:) I think he was half serious.
  • edited March 2014
    Here's a good looker from Ireland. Nice looking 5-year chart. Kerry Group.
    http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=KYGa.I

...But I would not want to have been holding it between 1998-2000!!!
  • Guinness - even the locals don't think their own pubs serve good Guinness on any particular day because it has everything to do with the cleanliness of the pipes and whether the bar tender had a fight with his wife that morning and so not pouring it right. Hence, the only solution being to bar hop to find the perfect pouring of Guinness that particular day which contributes to the statistic of more than half the country being labeled binge drinkers that they seem to be proud of. Love the country.