Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ok, You got me!

Am I the last one here to find out? I can't believe nobody here let it slip, and I had to find out "on the street". Yes I am talking about "David Snowball", that avuncular Professor at Augustana College.

Well, at least Augustana College is real. It's when I tried to reach Prof. Snowball there that I found out the truth.

From the snopes.com article "David Snowball"....

Professor David Snowball, ostensibly the man behind mutualfundobserver.com, is a fictional character created by a group of investment professionals who are alumni of Augustana College, his putative college of residence. Viewing the Observer site as a small maverick enterprise, the name was cobbled together from "David", the shepherd king who slew the mighty giant Goliath -- and "Snowball", referring to the effect of compound interest on mutual fund investments held over a number of years.

So is most everyone here already aware of this? I should have been suspicious when I saw the last name "Snowball". Duh.

Comments

• @dry flower: Boy ! Are you easy to fool ! Actually Marla Brill made up the name when David was the gatekeeper for the Brill website.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Nice try! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • "Planted with cabbages, I walked down the garden path."
  • Fortunately, we congregate on a site where few participants were born anywhere close to yesterday. But you gave it the good college try, DF. Perhaps you'll have for us next week a more convincing Jesus sighting report.
  • I knew it the first time I read the monthly newsletter.
  • You say Ted's not real? I knew it; I knew it; I knew it!!!!!!! I just knew it.
  • @Anna: Do your realize we know where your relatives live !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted, yea but do you know which direction and how far the Ted blind in the bayou is as the crow flies gars chomp?
  • edited April 2015
    LOL

Ted's real (but resides on another planet where links travel faster than a speeding bullet).

I'm not sure about that other guy:)
  • edited April 2015
    Found out. Curses! And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
  • I told you some of this stuff was un-real!