Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ARTLX not available

edited December 2011 in Technical Questions
David Snowball reviewed Artisan Value (ARTLX) in "most intriguing new funds" April 17, 2011 but it's not available now. How can I access this again? Thanks. Rick, the glampig

Comments

• Hi Rick,

This is Artisan's link...center top, click onto "how to invest" , the drop down menu will list "third party", which indicates Schwab, Fidelity and TDAmeritrade.
    Fidelity indicates it is available at their web site for purchase.

http://www.artisanfunds.com/

Regards,
    Catch
  • Hi, Rick!

You can't imagine how nice it is to hear from you.

ARTLX is still open to new investors, both directly from Artisan and through several supermarkets.

You might compare it to Artisan Global Value. Value is run by Artisan's Value Team (Satterwhite & Co., who also run Small Cap Value and Mid Cap Value) and I've happily owned Small Cap Value since the fund was launched. But Global Value is run by the International Value Team (Samra & O'Keefe, formerly of Oakmark), and I've happily owned International Value since that fund was launched.

For what interest it holds,

David
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure if you re-read glampig's question, he's actually referring to the missing review and not that the fund itself is missing.

Under this list of "Most intriguing new funds"....
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/category/funds/open_for_business/page/2/

...when you scroll down and click on ARTLX - Artisan Opportunistic Value Fund, it leads to a page not found.

• edited December 2011
    Hi, Kenster.

My bad. When I click on the ARTLX in Rick's message, it pops a window with a link to the MFO archive. That link works: http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/article.php?article=artisan-opportunistic-value-artlx

As you can tell, this is a lightly updated version of an older review (hence the wrong name). As we migrated from FundAlarm, Brad poured in a set of older reviews, not all of which I've had time to update.

I'll ask Chip to fix the link and correct the fund's name this week.

As ever,

David

• I've fixed the link to the fund profile.
  • Thanks to all for the quick response. This discussion board is still the best around and doing a fine job continuing the FundAlarm legacy. ARTLX may be the ticket for a core domestic equity holding in the universe of 13 funds I'm considering for this portion in our Roth IRAs at Schwab. Rick, the glampig
  • Reply to @glampig: What other funds are you looking at? Did you consider YAFFX or YACKX
  • Investor, I will only purchase NTF no-load funds for our Roth IRAs at Charles Schwab. Right now I’m researching LC-V & LC-B funds to use as a core. My three top picks at this point are MVPFX, AUXFX, plus an index fund, SFLNX, because they’re holding plenty of stocks, especially SFLNX. The more focused large cap value/blend picks are YAFFX, ARTLX, FMIHX, OAKMX, VAFGX, BPAVX, FVALX, CFIMX (seriously), SSHFX, and WPVLX.

The plan is pretty simple on the domestic equity side: one core that receives the lion’s share, one small cap (probably WSCVX), and two explorers (LC-V/B & LC-G) holding 20-40 stocks but that number is obviously up to the manager(s). I’ve got an exceptionally busy week coming up so I won’t begin any serious research into the large cap growth options until December 26. I’m in no rush because I won’t pull the trigger until January when we make our 2012 IRA contributions. For now I’m leaving the foreign/emerging positions in cash as well as the bond sleeve.
  • Investor, I'm also researching TIIRX and JRMSX to see how they stack up against MVPFX and AUXFX. I'll bring this to the fund discussion board later. Thanks for your interest and help! Rick, the glampig.