Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Thanks! updated Program - the-navigator updated to include ETFS

edited January 2012 in Fund Discussions
If it doesn't work for you, please list your browser.

NOTE THE NEW LINK as of Jan 1:
http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/the-navigator/

For help with ticker symbols - Enter 2 or more characters of fund ticker and wait a second for the fund name to appear for auto-completion. After ticker or fund name selection the links to the the specified fund will appear.

OR type 6 characters of the fund's name. After ticker or fund name selection the links to the the specified fund will appear.

e.g. type mutual european or "mutual e" in the fund name box and all classes for the mutual european fund will appear.
or type "emerging" to see all funds that have or emerging in the name

Ever wonder how many funds have "India" in their name, type "india " (india with a space after it) at the link above.

To select a different fund, just backspace in selection boxes and enter new ticker or fund name, no need to reload page.

After ticker or fund name selection the following links to the the specified fund will appear

* Yahoo!
* Morningstar
* Google
* SmartMoney
* Bloomberg
* USA Today
* USNews
* Barrons
* Marketwatch
* Big Charts
* MFO Community
* MFO Commentary
* Fund Mojo
* Bob's Pony Express
* Zacks
* Yahoo! Historical Prices
* Investor Guide
* BarChart
* Seeking Alpha
* SEC filings
* MAXfunds
* Google Search

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Howdy Accipiter,

I encountered the same problems as Maurice noted; but both areas are now normal.

Thank you.
    Catch
  • Reply to @Maurice:

Mo, at one time you wanted to see different classes for a fund. This should be an improvement over the last try. see instructions http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/discussion/512/fwiw-added-fund-name-lookup-function-e.g.-to-see-different-classes/p1
  • Reply to @Accipiter: How about MAXFunds.com ?
  • done. thanks for the suggestion
  • Seems to be working with Windows XP and I.E. 8
  • Hi Accipiter,

Ticker works fine............example: placed "ptt" to start, which I know should find Pimco Total Return. All classes for this fund did populate the list, and any one choice does highlight with a mouse hover.

The fund name lookup, as with your example of India or other names I used; did no operate.

Using IE 8.

Thank you for your time and efforts for this superb function.

Regards,
    Catch
  • With Mac Lion OS 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.2 you can type in the letters and get the fund name but none of the associated links to websites appear.
  • Reply to @catch22:
    thank you catch and mark,

Did you put a space after the word india. Since india is 5 characters and the lookup requires 6 characters, any words shorter than 6 characters need a space after it. I could shorten the lookup to 5 characters but I think the number of lookups would be overwhelming.
  • With Mac Lion OS 10.7.2 and Safari 5.1.2 tying in the first two letters gets you the list of fund names but none of the associated links to websites appear.
  • I'm using Windows 7 and Mozilla Firefox. It works great! Very cool! Thank you.
  • Accipiter,

Should have had that third cup of coffee. Wouldn't ya know I tried India and Japan and without the space. Read the directions, Catch !!!!!
    Used Russia and a few others.............all is well using XP/w IE8.

Catch
  • Hi Mark,

" typing the first two letters gets you the list of fund names but none of the associated links to websites appear."

>>>Once the list appears, select a choice of fund and then the "site" list should appear below the particular fund you selected. You may have to scroll down a bit to view the entire list.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Using IE 9 and it works well. Very neat! Thanks!
  • superb, wonderful aid and a tip of tshe hat to Accipiter !
    I use aol.com and google chrome.
    both are workable. philpill
  • Reply to @Accipiter: Fixed now.
  • Whew! Thanks for your help folks.

Anyone interested in an ETF navigator similar to the Fund Navigator (plan on changing name from De'Scramblin man unless David and/or Chip have another suggested name).
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Accipiter,

I assume this new program will have a linkage from the "Resources" drop down, yes?

"Anyone interested in an ETF navigator"............

Hmmmmm......that thought passed through the brain cells when I was testing the De'Scramble.

Knowing that you enjoy the work and challenge, I would be a fool to say no to a similar etf program.

Sure wish there was a way to buy you a cup of coffee or otherwise...........

Thank you again,
    Catch
  • Works on Firefox 8.0 and Windows XP Pro
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.