Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trouble getting MFO on my Kindle Fire

edited March 2012 in Technical Questions
I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with this web site using a tablet like the Kindle Fire. I got it as a Christmas gift from my daughter to use when I stop at my favorite coffee shops. The Mutual Fund Observer site came in great for about a month, but for the last few weeks (maybe all of February) when I go to the MFO site all I get is the 'Mutual Fund Observer' banner and the selection tabs. Below that is just a blank white screen.

Is this just a problem with my Kindle Fire, or is there something about this site that isn't compatible with the Kindle? I have no problem accessing any other site. I hope there is a fix, because sitting in front of a fire at my local Panera Bread store, accessing MFO on my little Kindle, is a super way to spend a morning.

Comments

• The site isn't always compatible with all settings. I get the same banner with blank screen with IE8 at my default settings. If I change the font size or just zoom the screen to 125%, all the problems vanish. So if the tech types don't fix it with good solutions, try changing a setting.
  • Hi, MikeM.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I have one main question. Is the trouble just with the discussion board, or with all pages of the site?

I don't have a Kindle Fire, so trouble shooting might be a bit difficult, but we'll do all we can to figure it out.
  • Reply to @chip: Thanks Chip. The problem is with all pages. I can see the banner and all the tab options, but none of the tabs work. As mentioned, it did work originally but something changed. Maybe something I did. Now that I think about it, I think I did try to change font size at one point. I will give Anna's suggestion a try next opportunity.
  • Reply to @Anna: Thank you Anna. I'll give it a try.
  • Let me know how that works. Next week, I'll try it out on a friends Kindle Fire at work.
  • edited March 2012
    Verify if you have javascript enabled - if it is disabled you won't be able to view the discussion board properly

What about when you skip wordpress can you view the discussions via this link

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/index.php?p=/discussions
  • Reply to @chip: Well, Anna was right. I changed my web text size back from large to normal and now I'm able to see everything again. Thanks to all.
  • Reply to @MikeM: I'm so glad that worked for you.