Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

GPGOX THOUGHTS?

I wanted to get everyone thoughts on GPGOX? It’s hard closed and one can’t buy anymore shares. Keep it or sell it?

Comments

• A hard-closed, consistent overperformer... why would you sell it? I own GPIOX, and I wish the firm had less AUM, but hard to argue with success.
  • The reason I would consider selling are high expenses and I can't add to my position.
  • I own GPIIX, GPEIX and GPMCX and I wouldn't consider selling anything. If you want to add I would consider Global Stalwarts and then wait/hope for the day when GPGOX opens again, at least to existing investors. I believe that time will eventually come and the Stalwarts funds haven't been bad either.
  • We have GPGOX in an two IRAs at TDA and I seemed to be able to add to my position without being barred. I didn't click the final button, so maybe I'm missing something. FWIIW, I have a bigger position in GPMCX and sold GPEIX several months ago as part of a reduction in our "pure" EM exposure. No intention of selling our GP funds.
  • @Carefree, because I also can't add to GPGOX, I took a position in EVGBX last oct-nov. Similar fund in that it's a global sm/mid cap fund. David did a write-up on it some time last year which is what drew my attention to it. I have no intention of dropping GPGOX though.