Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe's Money Life Show: Guest: Jeff James, Manager, Driehaus Small Cap Growth Fund: (DVSMX)

FYI: Jeff James, portfolio manager of the Driehaus Small Cap Growth Fund, said that small-caps are becoming increasingly attractive in current conditions, and said he expects them to outperform larger stocks for the foreseeable future. Also, Charles Rotblut of AAII Journal has his 'Stock of the Week,' Catey Hill, author of The 30-Minute Money Plan for Moms, and Chuck takes an audience question about buying securities you hear discussed on the show.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/moneylife-with-chuck-jaffe

M* Snapshot DVSMX:
https://www.morningstar.com/funds/XNAS/DVSMX/quote.html

Comments

• Interview with Jeff Jones covers only one micro-cap stock. I have been very happy with my position in DVSMX. It’s relatively new but run by the guys who have done very well long-term with DMCRX, Driehaus Micro Cap Growth.
  • I'd be happy too if I were up 26% this year. What happens when there's a downturn, though? Driehaus is a momentum-oriented shop.
  • @JoJo26: I always like to have one momentum small cap fund when its style is going strong, like now, but it is not my only small cap fund. I generally counter balance them with a small cap value or blend fund. I recently added AOFAX, but have UBVSX as my more conservative small cap fund. Small cap momentum funds are not for everyone, as they can be a wild ride, but as long as you have a fairly diversified portfolio, use them as special positions. They do have downturns, for sure, though