Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

CLDAX - Long-Term Bond - Down 5.6% today

TNK
edited December 2012 in Fund Discussions
Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to investing.

CLDAX is about 20% of my portfolio, it went down 5.6% today, apparently without reason.

Can someone explain to me what happened?

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Generally when there is 'apparently without reason' it is time to check fund website for a distributions. It is year end distribution period. Your distributions (if any) should show up in your account in 1-3 days.

http://www.calvert.com/newsArticle.html?article=20042

12/6 is the Ex-distribution date for your fund.
  • edited December 2012
    Welcome to MFO, TNK.
    Check this link and scroll down the distributions list and you will find today's date is within the normal short/long term distributions period for this fund. There was not any action in the overall long term bond sectors today, other than most returns were in the positive direction; that would have caused a negative reaction for this fund.
    Regards,
    Catch
  • I have checked previous years, every time around this date there was a sharp decline and a dividend pay.

Thanks, I thought it has to be something, it couldn't have just fallen 5.6% in a day.
  • I have checked my account, I was awarded 32.726 shares today. Overall I've made $16.71 with CLDAX today, Way better than losing
    $574.
    I've just improved my tonight's sleep
  • Always grabs my attention too:-)
    Thanks for the reminder. I think PRPFX did a donut yesterday. Gotta go check it.
  • Reply to @hank:

It did but the distribution did not show up in my accounts yet.
  • Reply to @Investor: Thanks for saving me the walk over:-))