Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Brian Rogers to retire as chairman and CIO of TRPrice

edited November 2016 in Fund Discussions
And, if one CIO was good, then six will be better:

Meanwhile, in place of Rogers (age 61), T. Rowe will have six CIOs: group CIO Rob Sharps (45), U.S. equity growth CIO Henry Ellenbogen (43), U.S. equity multi-discipline CIO David Giroux (41), U.S. equity value CIO John Linehan (51), international equity CIO Justin Thomson (48), and fixed income CIO Mark Vaselkiv (58).
http://www.mfwire.com/article.asp?template=article&wireid=2&storyID=55075&bhcp=1

Comments

• Market Top in place...
  • edited November 2016
    An impressive group - especially Giroux & Vaselikiv whose been there a long time and has done a great job with high yield bonds.

Years ago, while deplaning on the tarmac at tiny Key West Airport (EYW), I followed some dude wearing a black suit (a bit out of place in Key West) and carrying a black briefcase that had "T. Rowe Price" prominately lettered on the side. On it was a conspicuous flashing red light. Top secret stuff maybe?

Perhaps such security features are common in such quarters - and I just don't associate enough with the upper crust.:)
  • I always liked Brian Roger's commentaries. He was a regular on Rukeyser, partially because T Rowe w a s about a mile from where they taped the show in Owings Mills and he was highly regarded as the long time manager of its equity income fund. More and more I miss that show, always the voice of reason and top notch regular guests. Perhaps Brian liked being an investment manager more than the c suite.
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Slick,
    I remember Rogers too from the Rukeyser show. But I never put 2+2 together and related the show's Owen Mills set with Price's nearby Maryland location. Always very level headed. Had some great years managing PRFDX, one of Price's oldest funds. His reputation grew from that early success. But than the fund fell out of favor for a number of years. Better recently I guess. Haven't followed it lately.