Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DeSantis opposes U. S. support of Ukraine

edited March 2023 in Off-Topic
Hope this doesn’t result in more Russian election meddling.

NPR

Comments

• DeSantis doing his best trump imitation !
  • carew388 said:

DeSantis doing his best trump imitation !

Unfortunately, the imitation has a brain.

• edited March 2023
    How low can they go? There's no limit. Just watch.

• Ah, another garden variety pro-Putin Republican; what a surprise.
  • edited March 2023
    Apparently, DeSantis walked back his earlier comment. Nevertheless, flip flopping only shows how little he knows of the world, which is a whole lot bigger than Florida state. DeSantis seen to forget the history of Nazi Germany invading Poland and went on with the rest of Europe in WWII. Same can happen if Putin succeeded in Ukraine.
    In excerpts of an interview with Piers Morgan set to air Thursday on Fox Nation, DeSantis said his earlier comments referenced ongoing fighting in the eastern Donbas region, as well as Russia’s 2014 seizure of Crimea. Ukraine’s borders are internationally recognized, including by the United Nations.

“What I’m referring to is where the fighting is going on now, which is that eastern border region Donbas, and then Crimea, and you have a situation where Russia has had that. I don’t think legitimately, but they had,” DeSantis said, according to excerpts. “There’s a lot of ethnic Russians there. So, that’s some difficult fighting, and that’s what I was referring to, and so it wasn’t that I thought Russia had a right to that, and so if I should have made that more clear, I could have done it.”
    https://apnews.com/article/ron-desantis-ukraine-republicans-2024-f44acc03f772f393b7f8d452ee26508a